Advanced search

AIBU to think he should pay his own fucking maintenance

(145 Posts)
shouldhepay Mon 04-Jan-16 20:07:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RidersOnTheStorm Mon 04-Jan-16 20:09:23

YANBU

LyndaNotLinda Mon 04-Jan-16 20:09:30

Pathetic manchild and your parents are enabling him.

Yuck

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Mon 04-Jan-16 20:09:34

Up to them.

It's wank, but I assume they want to rather than he makes them.

HerRoyalNotness Mon 04-Jan-16 20:09:39

Of course he should pay!

What is your DM reasoning for this, and did you ask her where your monthly contribution from her was? I'd also call my brother on it.

StickyToffeePuddingAndCustard Mon 04-Jan-16 20:10:01

Do you mean child maintenance or his own living costs?

shouldhepay Mon 04-Jan-16 20:10:27

AppleSetsSail Mon 04-Jan-16 20:14:05

That's pretty pathetic. I'd find it very hard to keep schtum.

A deeply unsexy quality, perhaps his next love interest will be unimpressed.

shouldhepay Mon 04-Jan-16 20:15:23

Arfarfanarf Mon 04-Jan-16 20:15:30

He should but if your parents are subbing him then thats up to them.
Id be a bit embarrassed to be a grown up with children and taking handouts from my parents tbh.

It's their money to do with as they want and really not a lot you can say to them is there?

Well. There is. But along the passive aggressive lines of oh mum it must feel awful to know your son wont support his own child. How kind of you to do it for him. grin

maxxytoe Mon 04-Jan-16 20:16:18

What's your mother playing at

SanityClause Mon 04-Jan-16 20:16:25

You'd be embarrassed wouldn't you?

I know a father with the same name as his son. He lets his son use his NI number, so his income is "hidden" from the CMS.

Why would you do that?

shouldhepay Mon 04-Jan-16 20:17:42

shouldhepay Mon 04-Jan-16 20:19:49

Penfold007 Mon 04-Jan-16 20:20:23

So you wanted to borrow money from your parents but couldn't because your brother got in first?

WickedWax Mon 04-Jan-16 20:20:34

YANBU.

He's clearly not desperate for the money, it's not like he's going to starve without it.

And I guess more that it stings that your parents haven't thought/offered to do the same for you?

Tamponlady Mon 04-Jan-16 20:20:46

Oh dear so your beef is not that he's a shot father rather that your not getting subbed as well

Poor show op poor show

FlatOnTheHill Mon 04-Jan-16 20:20:52

Id be fekking fuming too. He is taking the right piss. I wouldnt be able to keep my mouth shut confused

FlatOnTheHill Mon 04-Jan-16 20:22:19

Tamponlady
That is not what the OP is implying. You are reading it wrong. Re-read and dont assume.

shouldhepay Mon 04-Jan-16 20:22:54

shouldhepay Mon 04-Jan-16 20:24:25

redlou Mon 04-Jan-16 20:24:37

Why are they doing that for him and not you? Sounds like he enjoys a better lifestyle than you because of this and what about the quality of life of your own children? Like you say, you wouldn't dream of asking, but at least treat everyone in the family the same!

Tamponlady Mon 04-Jan-16 20:26:31

So if I am reading it wrong why dose your op not read

My brother is putting on a poor show he's not paying for his kids and leaving it to my mother he has amassed a lot and is not passing this on to his kids

Sorry it reads just as it's written where my money

Penfold007 Mon 04-Jan-16 20:27:26

OP I'm really sorry I misread your post. That said your parents will do as they wish and sadly you have to poke up with it.

CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 04-Jan-16 20:27:55

Oh, OP, that's really not fair. I really hope people don't start accusing you of being jealous and saying that your parents can do what they like with their money. This is about bloody fairness, that's all.

I'm not sure I'd be able to stop myself saying something. Why shouldn't you and YOUR kids also get a regular amount from your parents? Why don't they give less to your brother so that you get the same amount each if they want to be generous to their children?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now