Talk

Advanced search

To think the biggest issue with the film "mannequin"; isn't that she wouldn't have a birth certificate to get married?

(12 Posts)
HermioneWeasley Sat 26-Dec-15 16:48:05

Just seen the second half and DW was saying how much it bothers her that the mannequin (Emmy ?) won't have a social security number, won't be able to get health insurance and wouldn't have a birth certificate to have the wedding officiated by the flamboyantly gay friend.

I think the bigger issue is that she's an Egyptian princess who is magically trapped inside a mannequin 5,000 years ago.

So wise Mnetters, who is BU?

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 26-Dec-15 16:52:24

Do you need health insurance if you've already survived 5000 years?

I expect you'd be immune to most stuff by now.

Junosmum Sat 26-Dec-15 16:56:27

Both of you. The biggest issue with mannequin is that though toted as a romantic comedy, it is in fact, a horror movie - mannequin comes to life, then falls in to a machine and is chopped in to tiny pieces and plasticised!

(I first saw it when I was 6 - I only saw the beiginning and the very end! I seriously thought it was horror movie until I was in my 20s).

Lweji Sat 26-Dec-15 17:00:30

Did they have plastic mannequins 5000 years ago?

They could easily get the social security number off a birth certificate from a dead child. They do it all the time in movies.

londonrach Sat 26-Dec-15 17:05:52

Lweji...over the 5000 years she come back as different things, people include mona lisa. All explained in the fun bit at beginning of the movie. The film is very good and one of a favourites.

Lweji Sat 26-Dec-15 17:08:07

Much watch it again, then. I think I remember the song better than the movie.

Sparklingbrook Sat 26-Dec-15 17:16:13

Andrew McCarthy. I have no issues with any film he's in. grin

londonrach Sat 26-Dec-15 17:46:47

This one... m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pt5M5Ls2z4

Lweji Sat 26-Dec-15 18:20:26

No, this one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQVrCflZ_E

Lweji Sat 26-Dec-15 18:23:19

Had forgotten it was with Kim Cattrall too.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sat 26-Dec-15 18:25:32

The bit about birth cerificate etc bothers me in vampire movies too.

SquinkiesRule Sat 26-Dec-15 18:27:10

Yeah you buy a SSN lots of people do it so they can work as they are illegal.
I didn't need a Birth cert to get married (Nevada), I just had a photo ID, also available for a price.
I haven't seen that film in years, I forget the plot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now