Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to make DP sleep on the sofa?

(16 Posts)
RoystonVaseySmegHead Wed 21-Oct-15 18:35:45

He's got a cold n keeps sort of snorting then making it rattle around his head a bit. I want to poke his eyes out. He's also talking through the TV... Would it REALLY be that unreasonable?

Shutthatdoor Wed 21-Oct-15 18:37:48

As he isn't well yes it would be wink

mileend2bermondsey Wed 21-Oct-15 18:41:10

He's also talking through the TV
What does this mean?

Fratelli Wed 21-Oct-15 18:43:10

Hmmmm if my oh was ill but keeping me up I think I'd let him have the bed tbh!

Axekick Wed 21-Oct-15 18:43:29

Tbh if he isn't well, I think you should sleep on the sofa. That's what I would do

Gruntfuttock Wed 21-Oct-15 18:44:57

"He's also talking through the TV
What does this mean?"

I think it means that the OP believes her DP is communicating with her via the TV. This means she has gone bonkers. HTH.

GabiSolis Wed 21-Oct-15 18:46:07

Yep, ill person gets the bed here. If well person can't tolerate it it's the spare room/sofa option.

Gruntfuttock Wed 21-Oct-15 18:46:19

OP, he's ill, so if anyone's going to sleep on the sofa, it should be you.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 21-Oct-15 18:46:40

Yes YWBU

The ill person gets to sleep in their own bed here.

RoystonVaseySmegHead Wed 21-Oct-15 19:02:51

Should have said that we ALL have a cold... so he sort of sniffs in then blows out through his nose and it makes a rattly snotty noise and he refuses to blow it... grunt he always moans that I talk through what he wants to watch on the telly, but he's doing it right now and I can't hear a thing anyway because my ears feel full of cotton wool sad

MaidOfStars Wed 21-Oct-15 19:48:28

Oh, I was hoping he was actually talking through the TV, a la Poltergeist.

<shuffles off>

Fluffyears Wed 21-Oct-15 19:56:56

Ill person gets the bed and non ill person gets the spare room.

Euripidesralph Wed 21-Oct-15 22:06:39

Depends .... In our house DH has serial form for horrendous snoring and currently has a cold and is particularly tired due to work stress meaning both will be sleep deprived if we share a room, me because I'd be sleeping next to a phlemmy walrus and him because in my sleep I tend to threaten him with disembowllment if he dares try to sleep on his back in that state....

But....

I'm 7.5 months pregnant with diabetes and a dodgy liver and a giant baby ..... So the coin was tossed and he currently resides on the sofa whilst I generously provide sanctuary to the displaced sofa cats

So it's a whose need is greater conundrum? Op what is your claim to the bed :-)

SILisAMONSTER Wed 21-Oct-15 22:16:40

Phlemmy Walrus
grin

Childrenofthestones Wed 21-Oct-15 22:50:40

"Make my DP sleep on the sofa"
Do you realise the level of ego and bullying control freakery contained in that statement?
Not ask if he would mind sleeping on the sofa, but making him.

RoystonVaseySmegHead Thu 22-Oct-15 09:31:15

Kay then children hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now