Talk

Advanced search

Strawberries and spiders

(11 Posts)
Hezaire Thu 30-Jul-15 08:05:15

Need to make a quick decision here. Found 3 live spiders in my supermarket strawberries. Freaked me out a bit but I don't know why really. Makes sense that there would be little creatures in my fruit. Biggest one was maybe the size of 10p. Aibu to throw them away though?

BlueStarsAtNight Thu 30-Jul-15 08:07:28

Argh not a chance I'd be eating those! They'd be straight in the bin. I can't actually think of any logical reason why as long as they were washed, but I just couldn't!

TobleroneBoo Thu 30-Jul-15 08:07:48

I would just wash them, they've probably had all sorts on so far.

Are they British strawberries? And just our average spider or possibly a tropical deadly one?

fourtothedozen Thu 30-Jul-15 08:11:03

Wash them, all strawberries have had insects crawling over them at some point.

I take it you haven't grown your own fruit and veg bluestars, bringing produce in from the garden, or washing a newly picked lettuce in the sink, watching spiders, bugs and slugs float away before making a salad.

Bugs are a nomal part of garden life.

Hezaire Thu 30-Jul-15 08:13:11

Yes was going to mention they are British. I was proud of myself for noticing them actually. Was washing them at the time

hedgehogsdontbite Thu 30-Jul-15 08:28:59

Burn the house down and emigrate.

Backtobedlam Thu 30-Jul-15 08:42:07

Quick rinse and they should be fine. I'd prefer a spider or snail trail than loads of chemicals.

Hezaire Thu 30-Jul-15 14:00:43

Ended up going for a sausage and egg muffin instead. I know! I know!grin

LurkingHusband Thu 30-Jul-15 14:04:14

The only safe way, is to nuke them from orbit.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 30-Jul-15 14:06:24

Eat them! Feel the fear and do it anyway!

PeppaWellington Thu 30-Jul-15 14:10:29

strawberries are revolting
take them outside and stamp on them until they are DEAD

build a home for the spiders and establish a spidery community, putting on a revue show for them at christmas and making sure they are supplied with a constant supply of free flies, wonder web, and spiderman cartoons (they find him hilarious)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now