Talk

Advanced search

To refuse to go on holiday

(12 Posts)
manchestermummy Thu 16-Jul-15 18:59:03

Absolutely fed up and don't want to go on holiday.

DD2 is being a nightmare. Won't stop whining. Generally non-compliant. Everything is a trauma. Dd1 winds her up continually and won't do as she's told.

I'm very, very low at the moment and my anxiety is not very well controlled. Dh says this is "very hard for him" and doesn't get it. He's not even trying to be sympathetic.

I don't want to go on holiday with two whiny children and a husband who seems not to care.

AIBU to want to stay at home?

DonkeyOaty Thu 16-Jul-15 19:01:15

Send 'em and stay 'ome.

PotteringAlong Thu 16-Jul-15 19:01:37

Your husband probably does care, a lot, and is probably telling the truth when he says that your depression and anxiety is hard for him to deal with. He's just being honest, that doesn't make him unfeeling

hesterton Thu 16-Jul-15 19:03:18

I think you should try and go but have a clear strategy in place with dh regarding how you deal as a united front with the whingeing.

Millipedewithherfeetup Thu 16-Jul-15 19:07:37

Staying at home will probably just make you feel more miserable, go on holiday, have fun playing in the sea/pool with your family, eat ice creams at silly times, dont do any laundry/cook or cleaning - giving yourself some time to relax will help you feel loads better.

Cabawill Thu 16-Jul-15 19:09:11

YANBU I'm thinking it'd be so much easier for us to stay at home. We're going after school tomorrow and I just CBA putting in all the effort of packing and thinking of activities when they can't stop whining for 2 minutes. So draining and my DH isn't much better at the moment.

PumpkinPie2013 Thu 16-Jul-15 19:15:46

How old are your children? Could some of the whinging be down to end of term tiredness? (I sympathise though - whinging kids are awful! )

If so - a break might be good for everyone. A chance to relax and just play. Either do no cooking if that's an option or go for really simple stuff.

You say your anxiety is not well controlled - are you getting support from your GP? Can you see them again and explain how you are feeling?

manchestermummy Thu 16-Jul-15 19:19:38

Dc are 7 and 4 and yes, I think they're tired.

I have some ADs but the side effects were so horrible I nearly passed out at work. So I'm not taking them. Mostly because I was pissing dh off by feeling ill.

woowoo22 Thu 16-Jul-15 19:25:45

DH sounds like a cock.

cuntycowfacemonkey Thu 16-Jul-15 19:29:02

Try taking the AD's before bedtime, I found that the best way to minimise side effects which should be temporary or see you GP about trying a different kind.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Thu 16-Jul-15 19:55:41

Let's see, he's pissed off if you are ill because you are taking your meds but annoyed if you are not coping well if you're not taking your meds.

Has he misplaced his "supportive hat"? hmm

manchestermummy Thu 16-Jul-15 20:03:46

Ha yes, he's definitely mislaid it.

I'm going to go back to the GP when I get back. Found out today I can access counselling via work, which might be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now