To not clean my house for the time being?

(10 Posts)
itchysofunny Sat 30-May-15 16:40:46

I'm almost sure I'm being unreasonable but I just need to hear it from someone else.

I'm usually fairly anal about cleaning and find it very difficult to relax in a mess. However, we have just bought a house and are in the process of getting it ready and moving from our rented house and I just don't have the time or energy for housework at the moment. DP is spending every hour outside of work painting and doing jobs in the new house so I have the 2 DCs 24/7.

I keep telling myself that there's no point doing the usual cleaning and scrubbing as I will have to do a deep clean when we are leaving and it will be easier to do it all at once when we have moved our belongings out (sometime next week). As it is, the house is at the absolute minimum standard of tidiness.

I know I'm being silly but I'm sat here having the first 5 quiet minutes of the day but I'm feeling guilty about the state of the place and worrying that I should be doing something about it blush

TheEmpressofBlandings Sat 30-May-15 16:43:55

I wouldn't bother. There's always plenty of housework to do, it'll be waiting there for when you get to it. Besides, you're only talking about a week!! Relax, let it slide..

KittyVonCatsworth Sat 30-May-15 16:44:24

Leave it. Absolutely. Sit, read and ave a glass of wine and enjoy the quiet. You're right, easier to do it next week and really let loose!

championnibbler Sat 30-May-15 16:47:02

leave it and relax.

Eebahgum Sat 30-May-15 17:01:59

Leave it. After I had ds the state of my house took a nosedive. I prioritise time with him & dp, work, time with friends & fit cleaning in when I have time. If you're short on time at the moment it's the most logical place to save some.

Bin85 Sat 30-May-15 17:07:35

Someone once said to me "Sinks, kitchen surfaces and loos " Think they had a good point, do those a bit and all the rest can wait.

rhnireland Sat 30-May-15 19:04:16

Do enough so that you can sit on the sofa with a glass of something nice to drink and so that nothing will annoy you. There's no pointing doing anything else when you'll have to start pulling the place apart to clean and pack.

crazykat Sat 30-May-15 19:32:38

Leave it. I've got an exam next week so I'm spending every spare minute revising. I'm doing the minimum housework until I sit the exam and next Friday I'm going to blitz the house top to bottom. I refuse to feel guilty, I'm stressed to the max at the moment and don't have the energy to spare on feeling guilty.

a2011x Sat 30-May-15 19:44:54

No

Jux Sat 30-May-15 19:56:01

YANBU. Not even a little bit; and it's only a week. Enjoy those few moments of repose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now