Talk

Advanced search

Missing kris kindle gift

(13 Posts)
dingalong Sat 10-Jan-15 17:14:48

Our family do kris kindle (for nice gift) amongst siblings/parents. On Christmas day I got a cardigan from my mother and just presumed she'd picked me.

Anyway my brother and family arrived over from Spain so I got the train with (car out of action) to other side of the country, at 35 weeks pregnant with presents etc

After landing back I said thanks to my mum for gift. But she said it was a little something (to say thanks for travelling while pregnant) and that my brother was supposed to buy for me. She said did he say anything, I said no, he'd never mentioned a thing

Should I say anything ? He got a lovely gift from my sister. His 40th birthday is in 2 weeks and Aibu not to feel like contributing to his present (racing bike)

NewYearsHangoversHurtAlot Sat 10-Jan-15 18:04:38

What's kris kindle?

MrsCakesPrecognition Sat 10-Jan-15 18:08:17

Google says that it is Secret Santa by another name.
It sounds like quite a big deal in your family, so I'd say something just in case the present got lost somehow.

Mrsmorton Sat 10-Jan-15 18:09:11

Google is quite handy if you're online newyears hmm

Allstoppedup Sat 10-Jan-15 18:12:12

It's basically secret Santa isn't it?

I honestly wouldn't say anything. you were initially happy with your lot when your you thought the gift was from your mother. Unless you have a relationship with your brother that you could bring it up in a joke fashion. It may have just been a little oversight and he might just be too embarrassed and hoping he got away with it!

KillmeNow Sat 10-Jan-15 18:18:15

I would mention it in the way you would mention anything else to him. He is presumably taking part in the gift giving willingly so understands where there is a gift received there should be one given.

If he hasnt given it what does he think happened ?

Or does your Mum always give a gift in his place?

dingalong Sat 10-Jan-15 20:13:06

Texted him with a get out, which he's availed of. He's got form and can be a dick so didn't want to let him off.

Unexpected Sat 10-Jan-15 20:18:37

What do you mean you texted him a "get out"?

dingalong Sat 10-Jan-15 20:23:57

A text with 'hadn't arrived so apologies for not thanking him ... and embarrassed to mention it'

He's replied that he forgot to bring from Spain and forgot to mention and forgot to post but as another brother is visiting at the end of the month, he'll give it to him.

It's bollox (above) but he can sort out before end of January

cardibach Sat 10-Jan-15 20:28:17

Shouldn't it be Kris Kringle?
Sounds like you've solved it though, OP.

treesntrees Sat 10-Jan-15 21:22:18

I thought Kris Kringle too but only know it as a church service close to Christmas specifically for children.

flumpysocks Sat 10-Jan-15 21:55:34

The church service is Christingle.
I believe Kris Kindle is the Irish name for kris kringle.

dingalong Sat 10-Jan-15 22:25:40

It's a secret Santa - hope that clears up any confusion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now