Talk

Advanced search

Petty or valid

(8 Posts)
kittentwo Fri 19-Dec-14 21:10:38

Have applied for a mortgage took documents into estate agent for mortgage broker it was in a named envelope. Estate agent has lost some of the documents had to get copy from accountant he has charged for this, not a lot but a bit, my DH has passed this invoice on to estate agent. I cant help thinking its a bit petty but then again personal documents have gone missing.

DoubleValiumLattePlease Fri 19-Dec-14 21:14:12

Depends how much it is. If it's £3.95 then yes, it's petty. If it's £50 it's totally reasonable.

jammygem Fri 19-Dec-14 21:15:49

It's their mistake, I think the cost should be passed on. I'd be more worried about them losing important documents though, to be honest.

Lucciana Fri 19-Dec-14 21:16:31

I think on principle, as they lost the documents, they should pay for the replacements. Maybe it will teach them to be a bit more careful in future.

kittentwo Fri 19-Dec-14 21:25:19

Yes, I think I agree it was about £30.00 charge. Think we are stressed as in a rush for a decision on mortgage being pushed by vendor and purchaser only us holding up and we need it sorting.

wanttosqueezeyou Fri 19-Dec-14 21:27:28

£30 - valid IMO

Cabrinha Fri 19-Dec-14 21:29:36

Even £3.95 would be petty although I could see you might not be bothered with the hassle. But £30, of COURSE they should bear the cost!

Discopanda Fri 19-Dec-14 21:33:59

Wow, I'd be extremely wary of an estate agent who lost important documents. I hope you've made their manager aware of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now