Talk

Advanced search

To be disgusted by this?

(49 Posts)
WingsofNylon Thu 11-Dec-14 20:14:39

I'm on a crowded train. The woman sitting next to me has spent the last 10 minutes plucking her eyebrows. We are talking about a full on reshape! I really don't think that's something you should do in close proximity to a stranger. Can I tell her to stop?

thursday Thu 11-Dec-14 20:16:18

It's odd but it's not quite in a par with cutting her toenails. I say leave her to it. It must be desperate.

gamerchick Thu 11-Dec-14 20:17:31

Widen your eyes and do the full on blank stare and she'll probably stop on her own.

IloveOreossx Thu 11-Dec-14 20:17:43

Id elbow her 'accidentally' while getting my ticket/phone/whatever out of.my bag lol. But then again Ive no time for people like that, It irrationally pisses me off.

Gruntfuttock Thu 11-Dec-14 20:20:52

Well, I wouldn't like it, but I think calling it "disgusting" is a bit strong. It's not as if she's picking her nose or belching loudly.

StrattersThePreciousSnowflake Thu 11-Dec-14 20:21:12

Can beat that. Full leg shave. On a bus.

formerbabe Thu 11-Dec-14 20:21:44

Yabu....it's good time management.

TurnOverTheTv Thu 11-Dec-14 20:22:47

I've seen far more disgusting things on there!

VroomOnTheBroom Thu 11-Dec-14 20:24:54

Gruntfuttock you'd physically attack someone for having the nerve to pluck their own eyebrows?! Why?

Gruntfuttock Thu 11-Dec-14 20:26:51

I didn't say anything of the kind! WTF are you talking about?

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 11-Dec-14 20:26:53

Not so bad. Maybe she's got a full time job and a houseful of kids and the commute is the only time she gets for grooming.

Not quite on public transport, but my mind's eye will never, ever rid itself of the sight of the stark naked woman, legs akimbo in the glass-fronted sauna at the gym epilating her nethers <shudder>

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 11-Dec-14 20:29:21

I think Vroom's got you mixed with IloveOreossx there Grunt.

WingsofNylon Thu 11-Dec-14 20:29:50

Well, I certainly won't be unwrapping my sandwich any time soon. Not keen on eating other people's hair!

Wow to the leg shaving!

AlistairSim Thu 11-Dec-14 20:30:13

Is she doing a good job?

I'd ask her to do mine.

Collaborate Thu 11-Dec-14 20:30:59

A woman on the train took exception to my nose picking the other day. Still, at least she could breathe more easily.

fourwoodenchairs Thu 11-Dec-14 20:31:46

That wouldn't even bother me...

FamiliesShareGerms Thu 11-Dec-14 20:33:37

I'm completely relaxed about make up being applied in public. I think it's beyond gross to remove pieces of yourself in public (eyebrows, nails etc). Will just about tolerate the hairdressers but can't comprehend those eye brow bars in shopping malls...

VroomOnTheBroom Thu 11-Dec-14 20:33:44

Oops, sorry Grunt, must go find my reading glasses, my mistake!

notagainffffffffs Thu 11-Dec-14 20:34:27

Ive had a chap piss into a bottle on the next row over.

pictish Thu 11-Dec-14 20:35:08

Wouldn't bother me tbh. However, i remember years ago a job that required me to get a bus at 6am, and every morning there was a guy at the bus stop using an electric shaver. I wanted to snatch it off him and stamp on it. Not only was it noisy, but he would pull all those stretchy faces a man should reserve for the bathroom mirror only. It felt far too intimate with a stranger. Drove me mad.

Discopanda Thu 11-Dec-14 20:35:18

The thought of leaving your eyebrow hairs on public transport is a bit odd, unless she was collecting them as she went?...

MultipleMama Thu 11-Dec-14 20:36:45

I've done my make-up and hair on the bus before. My car was broke and had appointments to make with little time. I think I've even changed a diaper or two on the bus (I wasn't gunna let me child is in s**t) and I felt sorry for those who smelt it but at least I had the decency to warn the lady in the row behind what I planned on doing grin

Plucking eyebrows on the bus, is not disgusting. It's skill. grin

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Dec-14 20:36:48

There was a thread about someone flossing their teeth on the train the other day. sad

WingsofNylon Thu 11-Dec-14 20:37:25

FamiliesShareGerms I agree! I wonder if thoes of you who don't mind would feel the same if it was a man using an electric shaver for his chin?

SpringBreaker Thu 11-Dec-14 20:39:14

I cant see how a few eyebrows would end up in your sandwich. To be fair if you are eating something that is quite smelly, I would rather someone be plucking their eyebrows near me than eating a smelly egg butty or similar.

I dont understand the angst people get about other people doing things which dont affect them in any way. You dont need to watch. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now