Advanced search

Dont know what to do and a little bit scared

(13 Posts)
motherofmonster Fri 07-Nov-14 21:41:44

Ok, so long story not so short is that in having really bad problems with my neighbours. They are really loud and aggressive . And smoke alot of weed, so much so i cant even have my windows open.
i have tried just not thinking about it,but it looks like im facing another weekend of people screaming,going in and out - lots of quite typical 'hard boy' characters. Last weekend this went on till nearly two am.
the music is blaring. I don't want to go up there as i live on my own - wimpy i know.
also should point out that they have 3 kids in the house. Oldest is about 5 and they seem to scream all night too, and are obviously seeing stuff they shouldn't.

I dont know what to do. I'm not anti drug exactly and tbh when i was young i was pretty wild but it is starting to get to me as in being trapped by it. The other morning it started at 9 am and the smell was that bad that the clothes i had drying on the radiators stunk of weed,including dc's school uniform.
Just after some advice really sad

motherofmonster Fri 07-Nov-14 21:43:19

If it was just them having a sneaky joint when the kids were in bed i would feel differently, but i now have loads of people coming on and out of building, shouting and slaming doors ect

SundaeGirl Fri 07-Nov-14 21:44:50

Are they tenants?

motherofmonster Fri 07-Nov-14 21:45:47

I think they are housing association

motherofmonster Fri 07-Nov-14 21:47:13

Actually i know that they are, but the housing officer said she couldn't do anything and it was a police matter

SundaeGirl Fri 07-Nov-14 21:47:45

Then they are almost certainly breaking the tenancy and you can get the landlord to deal with them. Do you have a CAB you can get to?

motherofmonster Fri 07-Nov-14 21:51:48

The lady at the housing has said that she cant get involved as there is no proof , i don't want to get the police involved as in worried about repercussions.. And im also really worried about the kids, so between a rock and a hard place

SundaeGirl Fri 07-Nov-14 21:53:55

I feel for you. Unfortunatley, unless you start making some documented complaints you aren't going to be able to change the situation. You can make complaints anonymously.

2minsofyourtime Fri 07-Nov-14 21:56:46

Can you move? Or is that impossible as tbh I think it's the only thing you can do

championnibbler Fri 07-Nov-14 21:57:28

Sounds like they could be dealing. Report them.

makemineapinot Fri 07-Nov-14 22:01:33

Call the police and social services, or if kids go to a school or nursery speak to them. If your dc's uniforms snell of weed then their kids will smell of it. I know which parents smoke as can smell it on kids and in book bags etc. nit judging - but school may already have opened up paperwork on their own concerns.

fuzzpig Fri 07-Nov-14 22:02:57

Would police actually do anything about weed though (compared to class A type stuff)? We have similar neighbours although not so much loudness generally. But they have a social worker etc (her 7yo lives with her) and they obviously know about the weed, so it doesn't fill me with confidence that they'd actually do anything about it because surely it would've happened by now?!

avocadotoast Fri 07-Nov-14 22:37:07

Hmm, I'd say social services or police would be best bet. I called the NSPCC for advice with my neighbours and ended up making an anonymous report (this was just noise though, no drugs or anything involved).

I know my friend had a neighbour who was definitely growing weed and she called an anonymous phone line about it. Nothing happened for ages, but could be worth seeing if there's something similar that your local police have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now