Talk

Advanced search

Who is Bu?

(15 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Mon 17-Mar-14 15:45:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HotDogHotDogHotDiggityDog Mon 17-Mar-14 16:00:26

She is BU

If a friend asked me to go on her hen night then of course I would say yes.

But to then come back and say it starts at £200 is unreasonable.

She should have been clear when she asked exactly what type of hen party she wanted.

Whatever happened to a meal and a few drinks? £200+ is obscene by most peoples standards.

Johnogroats Mon 17-Mar-14 16:00:47

I think she is being pretty UR. Frankly the whole idea of being billed for a cheap hotel and an activity would have put me off.

When I got married some years ago, I had some pretty affluent friends, as well as one or 2 less affluent...we went out for a meal in my town and those that had to travel had a bed for the night. We had a great time!

And her reaction to those who pulled out is also VVUR.

FederationPresidentBarryFife Mon 17-Mar-14 16:02:07

she's being bridezilla: and VVU!

CrapBag Mon 17-Mar-14 16:04:05

SIBVVU!!!

My friend had a hen do away, found out the price, said those who were welcome and wanted to pay could, those who couldn't, never mind - no hard feelings type thing.

She is a cow and her appalling response would stop me from going if I had been considering it in the first place.

Its a stupid amount of money for a sodding hen do, especially when it doesn't sound like its worth that.

She will have to reconsider when no bugger wants to go at all.

moldingsunbeams Mon 17-Mar-14 16:09:15

DramaAlpaca Mon 17-Mar-14 16:13:21

She is being completely unreasonable.

It's outrageous to expect hen party guests to shell out that much money in the first place, & very bridezilla to send out such a nasty email.

I wouldn't go & I'd tell her why.

CoffeeTea103 Mon 17-Mar-14 16:15:59

This is just a peak to the bridezilla to come!
She is bvu and would have put me right off from attending. What if people couldn't afford it, how totally selfish of her to do something like this.

wowfudge Mon 17-Mar-14 16:31:04

I hope you all tell her how U she is being and that you will need to reconsider attending her wedding if she treats you all like that.

Unless similar things have been done within your group of friends for others. Sounds like she's fallen for the marketing at a bridal fair.

moldingsunbeams Mon 17-Mar-14 19:58:36

FetchezLaVache Mon 17-Mar-14 20:02:33

Who on earth engages the services of a professional hen party company?? That's quite a mark-up if you're paying £200 a head for hotel + activity that would have cost £38 each if you'd gone direct! Could you point this out gently to the bride zilla ?

ferretyfeet Mon 17-Mar-14 20:09:06

I've never heard anything so daft as using a professional hen party company, I never know such organisations existed (but I've led a very sheltered life)

moldingsunbeams Mon 17-Mar-14 20:13:47

TheBody Mon 17-Mar-14 20:14:14

silly daft mare. who wants to spend that much? who dies she think she is?

time to defriend op. she's a massive twat. where is she getting married? Ayers Rock? ffs.

TheBody Mon 17-Mar-14 20:14:22

silly daft mare. who wants to spend that much? who dies she think she is?

time to defriend op. she's a massive twat. where is she getting married? Ayers Rock? ffs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now