Talk

Advanced search

to be way too excited about.....

(29 Posts)
EatDessertFirst Sun 16-Mar-14 10:44:27

.....the fact that I've dried washing OUTSIDE today! And actually put the indoor clothes airer away.

That is all. Yes I'm a saddo!

Indith Sun 16-Mar-14 10:45:21

It is quite exciting. beat you to it though, I've had a few loads out this year.

missmagnum Sun 16-Mar-14 10:57:54

I get very excited about this too and have an urge to wash everything in sight. Mine is out at the moment but i suspect I am being a bit optimistic, looking at the clouds.

SometimesLonely Sun 16-Mar-14 12:38:07

I mowed the back lawn last week.....

catbus Sun 16-Mar-14 13:26:37

That is normal. Such a sense of satisfaction. My line is one with a line really high above the other one and you have to hoist it up on a rope- this makes me feel like a pirate grin

FunkyBoldRibena Sun 16-Mar-14 13:28:21

Yeah loads of lovely dry washing in the last two weeks.

Tomorrow - my day off - I am going to have 3 loads [including all bedding] all washed by tonight ready to get all on the line by 7am. Bazinga.

EatDessertFirst Sun 16-Mar-14 13:30:06

I have one of those too catbus. From now on I will feel like a pirate also. Can't believe I never thought of that before!

(Digs through DS's toy box for the eye patch......)

SometimesLonely the lawn is the next challenge.

Vintagecakeisstillnice Sun 16-Mar-14 13:31:38

Me too!

We've had a few nice days but today has been the first that I've been physically able to do it so double yeaaa

EatDessertFirst Sun 16-Mar-14 13:32:23

Three loads done here too Ribena. Loving this weather smile

Financeprincess Sun 16-Mar-14 13:33:51

Well, OP, we'll be saddos together because I too was unreasonably excited about drying the bedding and towels on the line.

I drive my husband mad telling him how nice washing smells when it's been line dried. I keep hoping it will encourage the lazy sod to put washing on the line himself, instead of just shoving it into the drier on perfect drying days then whinging about our energy bills!

EatDessertFirst Sun 16-Mar-14 13:36:29

Nothing beats that smell FinancePrincess except a smaller electric bill

PunkrockerGirl Sun 16-Mar-14 15:38:25

I was the same yesterday OP. First washing of the year dried outside - I was SO excited! Just got to iron the bastard stuff now grin

Joysmum Sun 16-Mar-14 16:37:07

It's been 19c here today grin

Optimist1 Sun 16-Mar-14 17:35:08

Delightful weather, isn't it? I find that as I get older more and more of life's highs and lows are laundry-related! smile

I just love doing the washing, I take great pride in hanging it all out all perfectly pegged. catbus I have a line like that too, great for full length duvet hanging and towels ooh arr wink just hate bringing it in and thank goodness DH does all the ironing.

ToAvoidConversation Sun 16-Mar-14 19:43:23

I got FIVE loads out today. Me and DH scoured the house for anything that might go in the machine blush. Had to keep an eye on it as it was very very windy and a few things came off the line. Vast majority is dry but just needs a bit of warming up.

imnotmymum Sun 16-Mar-14 19:45:50

Oh I am not the only one I am actively seeking washing as laundry baskets are empty smile

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Mar-14 19:46:44

Yey! I love putting washing out to dry. I am almost sad that dd is out of nappies now. A line full of nappies used to be very satisfying.

CoffeeTea103 Sun 16-Mar-14 19:46:50

Yanbu! grin Me too.

BornToFolk Sun 16-Mar-14 19:47:22

I washed EVERYTHING over the weekend. Laundry baskets are empty, beds have clean sheets, I even did the shower curtain. And it all smells lovely.

The only downside is the massive pile of ironing I now have to tackle hmm

Minnieisthedevilmouse Sun 16-Mar-14 19:47:23

I used my new rotary. Goes up with a slight tug on a rope and down when I press a button. No more wrestling. I am the cat with champagne cream!

Augustwedding Sun 16-Mar-14 20:04:14

I was excited, pegged it all out and WHOOSH, bloody line falls down! The wire had corroded over winter and finally snapped!

Had to re wash most of the clothes as they landed in the mud that is the lawn!

Coumarin Sun 16-Mar-14 20:10:56

Yanbu.

Best smell in the world.

EatDessertFirst Sun 16-Mar-14 21:02:14

wine for Augustwedding. Thats awful!

Sounds like its going to be naice to start a new week with empty washing baskets and many, many fresh beds and piles of ironing!

Skivvywoman Sun 16-Mar-14 21:05:24

Very jealous of you all hmm

It's freezing and damp here!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now