Talk

Advanced search

to think that even though you wear a nice flourescent jacket on your bike, that does not give you carte blanche to ignore the Highway Code

(7 Posts)
kim147 Wed 05-Mar-14 09:35:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ParsingFancy Wed 05-Mar-14 09:46:47

Florescent jackets are magical, doncha know?

DP has started wearing florescent gear to walk home, as he crosses busy roads in the winter dark.

Hasn't made any difference to cars.

But suddenly the pavement cyclists who used to ride straight at him swearing at him to get out of the way, have started cutting fancy circles around him. He's One of Them now. A florescence wearer.

Crowler Wed 05-Mar-14 09:51:12

There are some amazingly crazy cyclists out there. They know that 99% of drivers will go to great lengths to avoid hitting them.

StarGazeyPond Wed 05-Mar-14 11:27:21

Cyclists are invincible, didn't you know that?

mersea208 Wed 05-Mar-14 14:59:48

Cyclists round here think black is a fluorescent colour, especially first thing in the morning when it's still getting light. Bstds.

Nocomet Wed 05-Mar-14 15:07:13

And wearing fancy lycra and all manner of other fancy cycling gear doesn't stop it being rude and foolish to ride two a breast on our narrow lanes.

If teens on mountain bikes, horse riders and dog walkers have the good manners to let cars past, why does wearing lycra make you different?

Allergictoironing Wed 05-Mar-14 15:12:19

I think many cyclists must have a death wish, bearing in mind that a friend on a moped was pulled out on by a car that didn't see her despite her wearing a light blue reflective biking suit, a fluorescent green "Sam Brown belt" (the kind that goes across the body) and having her headlights on.

Parsing refers to pavement cyclists above - the ones I used to loath when I was working in London were the ones who swoop on & off pavements as the fancy takes them, usually without checking if there's a car coming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now