Talk

Advanced search

Please help me avoid standing out like a sore thumb.

(9 Posts)
ivgotapugbrother Fri 07-Feb-14 20:07:30

Me and dh have got tickets to the 80's rewind festival in august.Should i wear my 'normal' clothes or dress in 80's clothes? What do people wear? I just dont know,as you can tell, i have not been to a festival for a long time!

Chippednailvarnish Fri 07-Feb-14 20:30:03

Go as a goth - they've never been in fashion, so they're never out of fashion!

DoTheStrand Fri 07-Feb-14 20:32:26

There's a real mix of outfits -lots of people dress up in classic 80s gear (there are a lot of dayglo socks around), but plenty of people don't so you won't stick out whatever you decide to wear.

Gossipyfishwife Fri 07-Feb-14 21:08:54

Put a pair of leg warmers in your handbag then you can decide when you get there.

PoisonedApple Fri 07-Feb-14 21:13:52

Watch desperately seeking Susan for inspiration!

webwiz Fri 07-Feb-14 21:22:22

Have a look at the photos on the rewind website - its all very relaxed though you can either wear ordinary clothes or fancy dress no one will mind.

WooWooOwl Fri 07-Feb-14 21:23:30

Loads of people dress up in 80's stuff, any of it goes, but loads of people wear clothes that are practical for a festival.

I think it's fun to dress up, so if you think you'll enjoy dressing up, then go for it. You really can't go wrong, people are there to have a good time, not judge other people's choice of clothes.

CuriosityCola Fri 07-Feb-14 21:26:20

Just casual wear that you are comfortable in. My friend said it was the most laid back and friendly festival she had ever been too. Enjoy!

superstarheartbreaker Fri 07-Feb-14 21:53:49

Leggings, disco pants, leg warmers and shell suits are all very practical festival gear. Don't forget the perm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now