Advanced search

AQA EXAM BOARD... They're the unreasonable ones!!!

(21 Posts)
adelle283498 Sat 12-Jan-13 09:44:44

Has anyone here tried to get new GCSE certificates sent out to apply for college?

sameoldlovebunny Sat 12-Jan-13 09:45:54

nope, sorry. if you find AQA hard to deal with, try some other boards! AQA are definitely the best.

HollyBerryBush Sat 12-Jan-13 09:50:44

there is quite a simple form to fill in - you send it back with your cheque.

HollyBerryBush Sat 12-Jan-13 09:52:01

adelle283498 Sat 12-Jan-13 09:52:24

I have to use them as thats who I did my exams with unfortunately.

IneedAgoldenNickname Sat 12-Jan-13 09:52:41

I need them for uni, the only problems I'm having are the cost, and not knowing which exam board my school used so having to apply to more than one. Other than that the process is easy

HollyBerryBush Sat 12-Jan-13 09:53:03

Blimey, they've put their costs up - 41 quid this year!

adelle283498 Sat 12-Jan-13 09:59:34

The cost isn't the problem, theyre saying they wont even let me BUY a new set of certificates (@41 EACH may I add) because I dont have a "VALID REASON" for losing them....they say I would need an insurance something or other to preove they were damaged in a fire or stolen! They can only give the college confirmation of results to a third party. The college have said fair enough we can take that BUT the Uni I want to go to won't! Im so mad! If worse comes to worse I might have to resit the GCSE'S I need to get on to my adult nursing course!

HollyBerryBush Sat 12-Jan-13 10:01:18

Sorry, but I work in a school and order new certificates all the time - I've never been asked to provide a reason for ordering new ones.

IneedAgoldenNickname Sat 12-Jan-13 10:01:47

I thought it was cost per set of certificates? So it would be £41 for them all?
My school kindly used 2 exam boards so I have to pay for 2 sets

marriedinwhite Sat 12-Jan-13 10:02:13

If they haven't been damaged in a fire or stolen then I don't really understand how they are "lost". What have you done with them?

adelle283498 Sat 12-Jan-13 10:04:32

Well I lost them through moving house, I've been on there website and it says clearly you need proof and I called because I really didn't think that was right. But apparently there is no way around it....!
And nope its per certificate!

TheUnsinkableTitanic Sat 12-Jan-13 10:04:58

i work with a range of awarding bodies and never heard any of them say that adelle

i think ring back and speak to someone else

we constantly have to get copies of certs due to funding reasons, its a good money making racket for the awarding bodies imo

HollyBerryBush Sat 12-Jan-13 10:08:50

AQA site does say this though:

but they have never put it into practice - although having said that, with so much iodentity fraud about, it would be quite easy to ring up and ask for a set of results if they didn't have these procedures in place

Replacement certificates

Application form (and frequently asked questions)

We can issue replacement certificates if:
•the originals have been destroyed by fire, flood or theft. Please include documentary evidence, for example an insurance claim letter or fire/police report, with your application
•the original has been damaged or defaced. Please return your original certificate with the application.

We cannot issue certificates where originals:
•have been lost
•have not been collected from school or college.

If you have lost or not claimed your certificate, you can get a certified Statement of Results. This official document is universally acknowledged as proof of exam results.

adelle283498 Sat 12-Jan-13 10:09:03

Im going to call back on Monday they're not open today, even the college said to me theyve never had an issue like this with them I don't know if the rules have changed...
And titanic yeah for sure they must make so much money from this!

IneedAgoldenNickname Sat 12-Jan-13 10:12:25

My friend paid £40ish for all of hers, not per certificate confused

HollyBerryBush Sat 12-Jan-13 10:12:32

Well, you simply bend the truth.

You moved house, and they were accidentally destroyed by your rather batty mother shredding them, mistaking the 'documents I need box' for the 'destroy box' - once you talk to a human, AQA are far and away the best with customer service

HollyBerryBush Sat 12-Jan-13 10:13:32

It's 30-40 quid per board - AQA, WJEC, Edexel, OCR, C&G, and so forth - and it's per session - so if you did a set of GCSEs in Y10, and some more in Y11 you get hit twice

adelle283498 Sat 12-Jan-13 10:15:11

Actually it says per session so I'm not sure if thats per exam or per exams? Confusinggg!!!

CajaDeLaMemoria Sat 12-Jan-13 10:15:15

Ah I've heard this before.

It's nothing to do with how you lost them. It's something to do with how the school reported results and the year you took your exams.

It means AQA will only send a letter stating what results you got rather than new certificates, which some universities aren't happy to accept. Some of my classmates at college had the same problem, but it took a lot of phone calls to sort it out.

adelle283498 Sat 12-Jan-13 10:15:34

Ahh I understand now Holly thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: