Talk

Advanced search

To despise being doubted

(6 Posts)
addictedtotoast Sun 11-Nov-12 11:45:05

When I say that I intend to do something, don't act suprised when that is exactly what I do.

Don't say 'oh I didn't think you would'

Three times my PIL have said this to me. They have no reason to doubt me. What the fuck?!!!

AIBU?

picnicbasketcase Sun 11-Nov-12 11:47:43

Do it back to them. If they say they're going to visit, act shocked when they do. If you're offered a cup of tea and they give you it, stare at it astounded. It'll amuse you if you nothing else. YANBU anyway, it must be very annoying to think they don't trust you to follow through with things.

addictedtotoast Sun 11-Nov-12 11:52:30

Excellent idea....

CrapBag Sun 11-Nov-12 12:14:52

I hate this too. Or people (jokingly) thinking I am not telling the truth. I am a very truthful person, maybe a bit too much so sometimes but I despise lies and I despise it when people think I am lying.

TidyDancer Sun 11-Nov-12 12:33:47

I don't like this, it happens to me at work sometimes. It's very undermining, almost deliberate.

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 11-Nov-12 12:36:41

I get this, it's one of the reasons I haven't started smoking again because everyone would say oh we knew you couldn't do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now