Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to throttle the parents of the boy I could very nearly have killed yesterday

(11 Posts)
MimiSam Tue 23-Oct-12 20:41:59

I was driving yesterday evening. It was very foggy and dark (about 7pm). A boy about 7/8 years old, wearing black trousers and black top, riding his bike WITH NO LIGHTS. I was pratically on top of him before I saw him. I was really shaken by it. What is the matter with parents allowing their child to do this? Oh, and he wasn't wearing a cycle helmet either...

hermioneweasley Tue 23-Oct-12 20:43:42

Very scary for you. Glad nothing happened.

SoleSource Tue 23-Oct-12 21:09:31

Yanbu. So sorry it happened, you'll be OK soon.

MamaBear17 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:19:11

That is so scary. Hope you are okay.

thebody Tue 23-Oct-12 21:32:32

Yes op horrible, thank god you missed him, stupid parents.

Shallishanti Tue 23-Oct-12 21:34:25

YANBU
but perhaps his parents didn't know he was out on his bike?
though, IMO they should have known.

PoppyScarer Tue 23-Oct-12 21:35:06

Yikes, very scary!

Reflective vests cost a few quid at most. I've even got one for DD for the school run (we walk on the pavement). What price your child's life?!

joencaitlinsmum Wed 24-Oct-12 14:06:51

Round our way the parents do it as well so what hope this there for the children!

If you can afford a bike you can afford lights (they sell them in the £1 shop!)

FluffyJawsOfDoom Wed 24-Oct-12 14:16:47

Yeah this has happened to me too! Did you have an opportunity to say anything to them?

anklebitersmum Wed 24-Oct-12 14:44:29

Mimisam I'd want to throttle them for him being out at that time at that age, never mind the lack of lights and helmet.

Hope you've come down of the ceiling a bit now, have a sweet tea just in case brew

RichTeas Wed 24-Oct-12 15:00:19

YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now