Talk

Advanced search

To think that Nigel's simple suppers aren't that simple?

(10 Posts)
Jusfloatingby Fri 12-Oct-12 10:42:37

He has a new series on a similar simple supper type theme starting tonight. I like his programmes but, seriously,anyone could make a nice dinner out of half a roast organic chicken lolling around the fridge, some artisan cheese wrapped in brown paper and string, and a basket full of fresh herbs.

If I was to make dinner from my fridge tonight I would have to depend on: some left over tomato pesto, an egg, a few tired looking carrots and a couple of scones.

Any ideas Nige??

AngryFeet Fri 12-Oct-12 10:49:21

Fried egg sarnie with scone instead of bread and tomato pesto instead of ketchup. I should have my own show grin.

Jusfloatingby Fri 12-Oct-12 11:10:47

You forgot the carrots Angry. Maybe I could cut them up into strips and deep fry them instead of chips.

AngryFeet Fri 12-Oct-12 11:23:03

Hmmm. Do you have a rabbit?

Longdistance Fri 12-Oct-12 11:23:05

Leave the carrots alone! They're tired!

Jusfloatingby Fri 12-Oct-12 11:25:54

They are looking a bit knackered Longdistance.

I don't have any rabbit Angry. I have some lavender infused oil and some truffled picked at dawn in my 'storecupboard' though.

justbogoffnow Fri 12-Oct-12 11:28:16

Lol, am looking forward to the programme though.

cheekydevil Fri 12-Oct-12 11:33:40

If you have an organic chicken 'lolling' around in your fridge I think that having a live chicken in your fridge might be the bigger problem? grin

cheekydevil Fri 12-Oct-12 11:34:54

You need a carrot jam to go on the scones surely?

Jusfloatingby Fri 12-Oct-12 12:23:22

He's tired, cheekydevil, he's obviously been partying with the carrots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now