Advanced search

To think of all animals in England, cows have the most evil stare

(74 Posts)
kim147 Wed 19-Sep-12 15:33:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Wed 19-Sep-12 15:35:48

Hello? Goats?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 19-Sep-12 15:35:59

Ah, wise move, never get between a cow and her calf.

Since you specified England, I can't tell you how intimidating a hill ram can be, standing on a rocky outcrop just above you, half way up a Monro... grin

kim147 Wed 19-Sep-12 15:36:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GiserableMitt Wed 19-Sep-12 15:36:59

Agree with MrsTerry and goats.

Cows have a "fuck, you're stupid" look, goats are just evil. And they smile at you while they give you the evils.

thefudgeling Wed 19-Sep-12 15:38:09

YABU cows are lovely. Rams are scary though.

QueenofJacksDreams Wed 19-Sep-12 15:38:44

Uh-hum <coughs>

TunipTheVegemal Wed 19-Sep-12 15:39:28

Cows are more dangerous than they used to be in this country because there's been a shift to a breed that is more aggressive but produces more milk.

Do you remember that Cravendale advert - 'Tastes so good, the cows want it back'? That was spot on IMO.

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Wed 19-Sep-12 15:41:19

Seriously, goats

iklboo Wed 19-Sep-12 15:41:28

Cows & goats is luffly. Chickens are evil.

Fakebook Wed 19-Sep-12 15:41:37

Squirrels are pretty scary too.

TunipTheVegemal Wed 19-Sep-12 15:42:49

Chickens are only dangerous if you're very small (say, 10cm). Otherwise they're feathery and amusing.

GiserableMitt Wed 19-Sep-12 15:44:02

Seriously, goats

See, I told you the evil fuckers smiled.

Queen, that's funny!! grin

GrimmaTheNome Wed 19-Sep-12 15:44:11

Most cows are just benignly curious. Best stay away if they're with calves, or if you come across a lone lost beast who may be discombobulated.

Many moons ago my father went swimming in a river, and when he wanted to emerge he found a semicircle of cows surrounding his clothes, just looking.

Goats though...or even some sheep, they have weird eyes. If you've ever been mugged by either, you'll know what I mean.

karron Wed 19-Sep-12 15:44:41

Cows are scary and stupid which is a very dangerous combination goats are more the evil genius type.

Naoko Wed 19-Sep-12 15:45:22

I love cows. Wouldn't get between a cow and her calf, mind, but that's common sense.

Geese, though...evil fecking things. Can't pay me to go near them.

NellyJob Wed 19-Sep-12 15:45:39

agree about squirrels and goats, cows are just sad and dopey.

SoupDragon Wed 19-Sep-12 15:46:02

I would like to add my vote for goats too.

GiserableMitt Wed 19-Sep-12 15:46:35

I've never been butted by a cow, but I have been butted by a goat.

My Dad told me the goat loved having his head tickled, knowing damn well that it didn't. angry

NellyJob Wed 19-Sep-12 15:48:04

wait i have just noticed you said 'England' - does that disclude evil staring animals from Scotland Wales and northern Ireland then?

Bunbaker Wed 19-Sep-12 15:48:10

The most evil stare I have ever come across is from the girl that bullies my daughter at school. Calling her a cow is a kindness.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 19-Sep-12 15:50:25

Cows are evil!!

My mum is petrified of cows and this has rubbed off on the dses so I have to be all bravado and 'come on, it's fine, they're only cows, they won't hurt you' whilst inwardly quaking because I don't think it's healthy for the boys to grow of scared to walk through a field of cows. They do seem to have got more scary these days though!

I don't look at them though, eyes to the ground, wide berth, speed up slowly but don't run, breath out when the other side of the gategrin

SarahStratton Wed 19-Sep-12 15:51:59

Goats.

Geese come a close second, then turkeys.

iknowwho Wed 19-Sep-12 15:51:59

The sheep on the road to Sabden near Pendle Hill give you the death stare if you want to drive on the road where they are.
They will hold your stare for as long as they feel like and when they decided to move back onto the grass they will - but not a moment before.
Especially at night time when it is pitch black and there eyes look green!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 19-Sep-12 15:52:36

I know people always say stay away if they have calls but round here, they always seem to have calfsconfused

I can't comment on goats, there aren't fields of goats like there are cows so I've avoided that pleasure so far!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now