Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to return these shoes to Clarks

(16 Posts)
octopusinabox Fri 07-Oct-11 19:49:04

because they have a toy in the heel.

My husband went off to get new school shoes for our daughter and came back with shoes with toys in the heel. Now aside from the fact that I specifically told him not to buy ones with toys or lights he didn't notice the toy and bought them anyway, there's nothing wrong with them. But I just don't want them - toys belong in a toy shop not a pair of shoes.

nancy75 Fri 07-Oct-11 19:51:05

if they haven't been worn and you have the receipt just take them back - the won't care why, although if you take them back and start moaning about the toy they will think you are a pest and laugh about you when you leave.

jade80 Fri 07-Oct-11 19:54:00

Just take the toys out, problem solved. Killjoy! (Disclaimer- I coveted shoes with lights a a kid- never got any! Hence bitterness!)

jade80 Fri 07-Oct-11 19:55:51

You could even melt some candle wax and fill the toy hole with it. Just to add an air of finality to it, you know.

octopusinabox Fri 07-Oct-11 20:01:33

I'm getting a sense of repressed anger about shoes Jade80 - were yours filled with wax? grin

jade80 Fri 07-Oct-11 20:02:41

No, they just didn't bloody light up when I stamped, dammit!

whostolemyname Fri 07-Oct-11 20:04:12

They sound great! Have you got a link? I can't find them.

KittyFane Fri 07-Oct-11 20:05:48

grin at the wax idea!
Fear not OP, the 'toys' will be gone (lost) after 2 days max.

jade80 Fri 07-Oct-11 20:14:55

Yes, 2 days max. Unlike the lights, which would have flashed on and off until I had grown out of them... <sob> ...

octopusinabox Fri 07-Oct-11 20:16:09

"No, they just didn't bloody light up when I stamped, dammit!" He he

She did have a pair that lit up but one shoe developed a fault and flashed non stop for about 2 days. Luckily the battery ran out.

Damn, was hoping you'd say I wasn't BU as I was all set to send him back to the shop tomorrow.

jade80 Fri 07-Oct-11 20:20:38

2 major disappointments in my childhood. No shoes that lit up (not sure you could get toys in them way back then!) and no car I could sit in and pedal. Orange and yellow, closed roof, you know the ones? Yes, before you ask,relatively untroubled childhood. These little things do matter though lol!

jade80 Fri 07-Oct-11 20:21:57

BTW, any normal, sane person, minus my personal issues would probably say YANBU. But I say YABU! Make of that what you will! smile

EndoplasmicReticulum Fri 07-Oct-11 20:22:48

My boy had flashing light ones this year and they did the same - flashed non-stop for 48 hours and then that was it.

YANBU, I'd take them back. When we went to get school shoes I specifically said "any style as long as they do NOT have a toy". I don't expect I'm alone in this.

LelliKelli Fri 07-Oct-11 20:29:30

Take them back! We bought these shoes at the start of term and the inner sole has gone all wonky and bent as it is not attached to the shoe (to allow access to the toys...).

rhondajean Fri 07-Oct-11 20:46:10

Sorry but I do think YABU.

I know why you dont like the shoes, I dont either.

But DH must have, as he picked them out, likewise DC. Does it have to be your way or the highway all the time?

The important thing to me with the kids shoes is that they are measured and fitted properly, of reasonable quality and reasonably well made, which are boxes Clarks all mostly tick.

So whats the real problem?

If you take them back, you are undermining him and making it look like your preference takes priority over his and your childrens.

(I have been there done this and then realised what I was doing, so now I dont, which is why I feel free to comment!)

Of course, you dont need to let them go shopping without you again - but really, whats the harm in having well fitted shoes in a style that isnt your favourite if it is theirs?

BleurghUna Fri 07-Oct-11 21:07:02

YANBU. I hate those toys too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now