Talk

Advanced search

Dsis offering to "take me"

(26 Posts)
5inabed Sat 01-Oct-11 14:01:38

My dsis phoned and asked me if I wanted to go to Costco tomorrow (she is a member) if our parents could look after dc (mine, she is currently 6 months pregnant). I said yes if parents could babysit as both of our dhs are working tomorrow. She then said do you know where it is and I said yes then realised what she actually wanted was me to drive her there! She has a car and can drive. She said this thinking she was doing ME a favour! Aibu to think she is at it and should drive and not assume I want to squire her about?

worraliberty Sat 01-Oct-11 14:04:37

Dunno, it's a bit of a biscuit really

She is doing you a favour if you want to go but you don't have a card

Drive or don't drive...does it matter really?

purplepidjinawoollytangle Sat 01-Oct-11 14:09:08

If I drive, my mum buys the parking ticket and coffee. If Mum drives I buy the parking ticket and coffee well i try but she very rarely lets me but i do try really really hard

You can either say "That's fine, lunch is on you DSis" or you can say "What time are you picking me up? I'll print some directions off google"

Either way, is it really that much of a big deal?

Muddlewitch Sat 01-Oct-11 14:09:59

Oh. Tis not the thread I was expecting grin

Conflugenglugen Sat 01-Oct-11 14:11:38

Nope, Muddlewitch - me neither grin

OP - I think it's a storm in a teacup.

worraliberty Sat 01-Oct-11 14:12:12

Purple I think your Mum might be my ex MIL shock

Have you ever done the 'money dance' at the ticket machine?

You know the one, it involves lots of hand waving and purse flapping as you're batting each other away from the coin slot? grin

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Sat 01-Oct-11 14:13:04

Are you getting to use her card? If so, YABU.

purplepidjinawoollytangle Sat 01-Oct-11 14:20:46

I'd be terrified if she was, worra - I've been an only child for the last nearly-thirty years shock

valiumredhead Sat 01-Oct-11 14:23:17

Stop complaining and GO! Costco is my idea of heaven, especially the triple choc brownie mix mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Proudnscary Sat 01-Oct-11 14:23:37

Wow I wish I had your life is this is what you consider to me a problem.

And I too thought you meant 'take me' in a bodice ripping way!!

worraliberty Sat 01-Oct-11 14:24:01

Oh phewww, you've missed nothing by not having my ex as a brother grin

ChippingIn Sat 01-Oct-11 14:25:28

My friend takes me in her car with her Costco card (her car is much bigger grin) and I buy the ice cream with fruit coffee grin

She's being a bit cheeky - but maybe she's uncomfortable driving when pregnant? Or just thinks it's a fair trade for letting you use her card.

Do you want to go or not?

MindtheGappp Sat 01-Oct-11 14:25:47

Do you have a bigger car, 5? You need to to make Costco worthwhile, especially if buying for two households.

If you are going on her card, she is taking you, regardless of who drives. It actually sounds like a good trade.

You don't have to accept.

wheredidiputit Sat 01-Oct-11 15:14:31

My sister must think I'm taking her for a ride as I just give her a list. I'm am a member to, but she works near Costco she get bits for me when she getting her's and her works bits.

Oh and she brings them over to me.

Muddlewitch Sat 01-Oct-11 15:31:51

>Whispers< What is Costco?

JEMISMYNAME Sat 01-Oct-11 15:40:03

OP I think you should just be thankful you have such a lovely sister that is offering to take you with her to Costco to do some shopping and ultimately save you some cash. You might also see some lovely Christmas presents for your brood!!!

Dry your eyes and get on with it!!!

JEMISMYNAME Sat 01-Oct-11 15:41:12

Costco is a place where you can bulk buy lots of things and save some money.

ScarahStratton Sat 01-Oct-11 15:43:39

I want to go to Costco.

What a drama over nothing.

squeakytoy Sat 01-Oct-11 15:44:44

She only asked if you knew where it was, so you can give directions from the passenger seat.. (although seeing as she has a card, how come she doesnt know herself?)

slavetofilofax Sat 01-Oct-11 15:45:26

Is your car bigger, or is there some other reason she would want you to drive?

Would it be really out of her way to pick you up and get there or something?

alistron1 Sat 01-Oct-11 15:46:15

It's been a long time since someone offered to 'take me' <<sigh>>

catsareevil Sat 01-Oct-11 15:48:00

Are you sure that she didnt mean the two of you meeting there? Otherwise why would it matter if you knew the way?

QuestionTime Sat 01-Oct-11 15:49:34

Sorry don't think it's a big deal myself!!

5inabed Sat 01-Oct-11 15:53:23

Yes ok obviously iambu but i was being a bit tongue in cheek! I do have the bigger car as I have 3 car seats in the back! I will drive!

ScarahStratton Sat 01-Oct-11 16:50:11

Can I come too? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now