Advanced search

Sorry - I never do this, but I need help. Link to another thread.

(11 Posts)
LosingTheWillToLive Mon 05-Sep-11 13:15:13

I have a huge problem. Please, please help if you can.

LosingTheWillToLive Mon 05-Sep-11 13:15:53

Sorry, try this.

Birdsgottafly Mon 05-Sep-11 13:21:28

As said on the other thread, contact them.

All internet activity is logged, this will be able to be sorted out, just stop panicking.

The worse case senario is that you have left your phone logged in, in which case you will have to make a payment plan with them, you can get help from CAB or a similar debt charity advice center.

Shanghaidiva Mon 05-Sep-11 13:22:22

Just read the other thread. Don't have any idea about charges in the UK/Europe, however, suggest the following:
Establish with Orange if bill is correct. I think you can put DH on the line to Orange and he can give them his permission to deal with you. I dealt with companies for my mum when my dad died and this worked.
If the bill is correct you need to work out a payment plan with Orange.
Try not to worry too much!

Birdsgottafly Mon 05-Sep-11 13:23:18

Have you now told your DH? This can still be sorted out, they will not take you to court if you offer a payment plan (if you do owe it), but get advice.

Birdsgottafly Mon 05-Sep-11 13:24:10

The debt advisor at my volutary job has had most of the debt written off in situations like these.

LydiaWickham Mon 05-Sep-11 13:27:10

Is your DH at home or in hospital? If it's home, then he can call and give you permission over his account - my dad did this when I took over his contract. Normally they put a 'password' on the account, once you've got that, you're authorised to deal with it.

If he's in hospital, call back, ask to speak to a supervisor and explain your DH is in hospital and you can't get him on the phone, hopefully they'll be able to help.

It does sound like an error. You don't suddenly get a £600 bill.

LosingTheWillToLive Mon 05-Sep-11 13:27:34

No, I can't tell him. Can't bring myself to tell him.
Went to France for a week with my brother in Law and his wife to treat my children and give me a break. DH still in hospital after a stroke and his recovery is slow. He's very, very low at the moment. Come back from France to get this enormous bill and I can't take anymore.

Morloth Mon 05-Sep-11 13:31:01

You need to calm down, this can be sorted, it is a mistake and if it is your accidental usage then you will be able to negotiate the number down and sort out a payment plan.

You have to tell your DH you have no choice, if you stick your head in the sand and do nothing, well then you will have a problem.

This doesn't have to be a big deal.

LydiaWickham Mon 05-Sep-11 13:32:55

Can you tell him that you need to sort something on your phone contract but can't discuss it without his permission, and could he just talk to them and give you permission over the account. It could be that you need to get him to just sign a letter giving you authority over the account, you could type that for him and he just needs to sign it.

You can sort it without having to make it a stressful thing for him.

gallicgirl Mon 05-Sep-11 13:34:45

Can he sign a generic letter giving you permission to deal with his affairs? We'd probably accept that at work.

Alternatively maybe your BIL can help by talking to Orange, explaining the situation with your DH and see if they will then talk to you? I'm just thinking that he would be calmer and more assertive because he's removed from the situation IYKWIM?

If I had a call at work with that situation, I would do my best to get around it for the customer because ultimately, I want the bill paid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: