Talk

Advanced search

To feel a bit 'woe Im a chunk' when I was feeling all slim just an hour before?

(3 Posts)
WhiteTrash Sun 04-Sep-11 19:54:48

I have a 3 month old baby. Im trying to lose a stone at the moment. Im not overweight technically, but Im not slim.

I went to a huge family gathering today, a lot of mums, kids, toddlers and a couple of babies.

I was chatting to my aunt who Ive not seen in a couple of years, baby in my arms chat chat chat baby this baby that blah blah.

Then my cousin walks in. Shes lovely, shes just had a baby too 10 weeks old shes beautiful. Cousin is 19, 10 years younger on her first baby looking lovely. But I still felt really shit when my aunt still stood next to me shouts to cousins mum "JOE BLOGGS, youre daughter has JUST had a baby and has NO tummy. THATS not normal. WHERES HER TUMMY SHES JUST HAD A BABY!"

Cousin quite rightly does a cheeky smile and a little twirl (fucking right I would too). While I stood there baby in arms and cringed painfully, wondering why the fuck I was congratulating myself on the latest 1lb loss this week.

AIBU to feel like shit a tiny (fucking LOT) jealous of my cousin??

Euphemia Sun 04-Sep-11 20:00:07

YANBU, but the world is full of younger, slimmer mums, and it's only going to get worse as you get older!

Focus on you and your achievements, keep a positive state of mind about the fact that you are losing weight.

And congrats on the baby. smile

birdsofshoreandsea Sun 04-Sep-11 20:02:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now