Talk

Advanced search

to wonder *how* the travellers at Crays Hill will be evicted?

(13 Posts)
Teachermumof3 Thu 01-Sep-11 19:01:50

I 100% agree that they should be. If you live in a country, I believe you should abide by the laws of that country and if they aren't evicted it will set a precedent of people doing exactly as they please with no fears for repurcussions. I was just wondering how they will be evicted-if midwives, fire fighters won't go to the site for fear of violence, then it'll have to be a massive load of well-equipped police? Or will it be left to the council?

I just can't quite see how it would be managed?? Has this happened before on such a large scale?

worraliberty Thu 01-Sep-11 19:03:51

Bailiffs will turn up with Police

Teachermumof3 Thu 01-Sep-11 19:07:53

and then just systematically remove possessions/buildings/people onto the road?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Thu 01-Sep-11 19:14:18

There are plenty of examples of large-scale evictions of squatters and similar tactics will be used.

I suspect that whatever the logistics of baliffs, police, etc, bulldozers will be deployed to rid the site of anything that shouldn't be there.

AmyStake Thu 01-Sep-11 21:08:15

I have so many questions to ask but quite frankly I'm scared of you lot! grin

defrocked Thu 01-Sep-11 21:16:37

who cares, as long as they dont move within 200 miles of me

misdee Thu 01-Sep-11 21:18:14

there was a smaller eviction earlier this year i think in essex, of an illegal site.

it was quite brutal

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Thu 01-Sep-11 21:18:45

I do as they live a mile away from me

AryaStark Thu 01-Sep-11 21:19:40

Blimey AmyStake that baffled me as I thought I had posted that and didn't remember doing it grin

ddubsgirl Thu 01-Sep-11 22:50:33

some bloke parked his van blocking the doorway of hove town hall in protest to the travellers parking up again in brighton,they were kicked off 1 site and parked almost over the road!

troisgarcons Thu 01-Sep-11 22:54:31

Starve them out - always a good method - no violence.

HengshanRoad Fri 02-Sep-11 00:33:15

Jesus, there's a whole lot of compassion on this thread...

cantspel Fri 02-Sep-11 00:55:30

Travellers have been a pain in the but all summer. i dont think there is one park or piece of public land they haven't trashed or tried to get on to trash left in sussex.

a few weeks ago they took over victoria park and spent a couple of weeks terrorising anyone who dared to try to use the park as it was" theirs now"

Kids about 5 0r 6 telling old ladies walking their dogs to fuck off.
If you feel compassion for they post your post code and i will let them know they are welcome to come down your way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now