Talk

Advanced search

to hate it when you call someone who just texted you

(25 Posts)
GalaxyWeaver Mon 22-Aug-11 11:56:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Mon 22-Aug-11 12:00:28

YABU
I often text when I can't call, so of course I won't be able to answer the phone if that's the case. I also prefer texting when I'm busy as some people never shut up are chatty and a 2 second answer to a quick question could take 15 minutes on the phone. I screen.

MyRealName Mon 22-Aug-11 12:01:20

It is annoying. But maybe they sent you a text in the first place rather than call you because they didn't have time/inclination to actually talk?

ObiWan Mon 22-Aug-11 12:02:04

Well, I often text people if I'm not in a position to answer/make a call.

And sometimes I just don't want a long waste-of-time conversation so I use a text as a 'warding off' device grin.

NameChanging101 Mon 22-Aug-11 12:03:38

tethersend Mon 22-Aug-11 12:03:44

YABU.

It is more annoying when you text somebody and they don't understand that if you could/wanted to speak to them you would have rung them instead of texting them and they ring you. I never pick up when this happens.

TheGoddessBlossom Mon 22-Aug-11 12:07:29

agree with tethersend. I never pick the phone up if I don't want to talk, which is most evenings for example, having spent most of the day on the phone. I love texting. You can have multiple conversations simultaneously, much more time effective, send them and read them at your leisure as can they! My MIL and my sister immediately ring when I text them. Most of the time I don't answer and call them back when it suits me.

usualsuspect Mon 22-Aug-11 12:07:51

I sometimes call after a text if I can't be arsed to write a big long text out blush but it depends who it is

Although my ds texts ring me sometimes ,and then doesn't answer his phone ,now that annoys me

upahill Mon 22-Aug-11 12:10:19

YABU

Often I need to have my phone on silent.
I still send texts out and if one comes back I will read it at my convienence. It could be a couple of hours later.

That's the beauty of texts..
Some one had a thread a while ago complaining about people sending texts late at night but to me that is the good thing about them.
A person sends when it is a good time for them to send and the reciever reads and replies when it is conviennent for them to do so.

This works really well with me and my mate. I go to bed at midnight and get up at 8 or 9 if I'm not working. She goes to bed at 8.0pm and gets up at 5.00am.

I send her a text a midnight she reads it a 5.30 and replies I read at 9.00 and reply. Everyone happy!!!!

YouDoTheMath Mon 22-Aug-11 12:12:45

tethersend agree totally. Really bugs me when I text someone and they ring back.

Also bugs me that one of my friends will simply not accept that I don't do chatting on the phone, yet she insists on ringing and then complains that I never answer.

VelvetSnow Mon 22-Aug-11 12:18:58

I hate texting. I very rarely text.

If the answer to a text is too long, I'd text back "Call you later" and then call them later with the answer.

I always call, but even then I only call people with a specific reason.

I hate those people who call and say "I'm bored, I'm just calling for a chat"

Piss off, don't go wasting my time just because you're bored and want me to entertain you!

Call me if you have something to say - otherwise don't smile

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Mon 22-Aug-11 12:24:27

Another one bugged by the phone call in response to a text... very annoying. I would have telephoned if I'd needed wanted to speak to you.

Folicacid Mon 22-Aug-11 12:26:54

YABU, I often text when don't have time/opportunity/inclination to call and then feel hounded grin if the person calls me back.

GloriaVanderbilt Mon 22-Aug-11 12:33:33

oh god yes the I'm bored phone call

I can't abide those

GalaxyWeaver Mon 22-Aug-11 12:43:28

usualsuspect Mon 22-Aug-11 12:45:33

yanbu,then

I must be odd because I like chatting to my mates on the phone

Lainey1981 Mon 22-Aug-11 12:45:55

Depends what the question was wink
<nosy>

diddl Mon 22-Aug-11 12:49:42

But if someone texts you, wouldn´t you text back, unless a call is requested?

<have never sent or received a text so could be wrong>

GalaxyWeaver Mon 22-Aug-11 12:50:00

ShoutyHamster Mon 22-Aug-11 12:52:12

Text back - 'Call me for info'

(then don't answer HA!!!)

Curiousmama Mon 22-Aug-11 12:52:42

I know people who don't like texting so they ring. Yanbu if it's your H.

Curiousmama Mon 22-Aug-11 12:53:09

grin ShoutyHamster

LineRunner Mon 22-Aug-11 13:15:06

I'm glad it's not just me.

I hate people phoning me after I've sent them a simple text to say, 'Am in meeting. Just to say that thing you wanted done, is now done.' Why is that an invitation to a conversation?

EternalPie Mon 22-Aug-11 13:17:05

I also hate it when people call me after I'd text them. I hate speaking on the phone so usually ignore it when it rings.

Insomnia11 Mon 22-Aug-11 13:26:33

I ignore phone calls at home most of the time unless it's a caller from our phone book - then the phone will do a different ring anyway. Also quite often I can't get to the phone as I'm wiping a bottom or something! If it's important they will leave a message. We get one or two marketing calls a day from abroad in spite of being listed with TPS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now