Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed with the children from over the road

(11 Posts)
vividgingerchilli Mon 25-Jul-11 16:45:43

<rant mode on>
They are all playing out (great stuff, bring it on) with water pistols...one of them is getting my DC soaked with one of his water pistols and is then complaining when he returns the compliment because "she is not allowed to get wet" and has asked me to intervene and got offended because I told her that she has to stop getting my DC wet if she doesn't want to get wet.
<rant over>

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 25-Jul-11 16:53:05

take the water pistols away.

Problem solved.

Or tell her to go home.

Problem also solved grin

PiousPrat Mon 25-Jul-11 17:04:46

I have this a lot with the little shits darlings by me, they come out with giant super soakers, start a water fight then scream if anyone dares squirt them back hmm

My DC solved the problem of what to do when they started loudly asking me if they were allowed to get wet, giving me the chance to (also loudly and pointedly) say "of course darling, that is why I gave you the water pistol. How utterly ridiculous and unfair would it be to let you get others wet but not let them defend themselves and soak you too? Doesn't sound like much of a game otherwise'

bringmesunshine2009 Mon 25-Jul-11 17:06:45

Come rounds my way. Just caught a little fucker on school holidays pissing on my doorstep. Who needs a super soaker. Grrrr.

natandjacob Mon 25-Jul-11 17:06:47

why would you let your child get a water pistol and then tell them not to get wet?! yanbu....i'b be over there with a bucket of water ready for the little bastards!! shock

2shoes Mon 25-Jul-11 17:08:29

ds used to have a friend like that, never allowed to get wet, but always had a big water pistol!
let your son soak and plead ignorance.

chinam Mon 25-Jul-11 17:08:44

Bringme, shock what did you do to him???

bringmesunshine2009 Mon 25-Jul-11 17:11:23

I lost my inner mumsnet. I stood agape staring at him and he ran off, tinkle in hand. Out with the Dettol. Wish I had demanded to know where his mother was and brought him on on it. He must have been around 8.

vividgingerchilli Tue 26-Jul-11 11:47:40

Problem solved - I took the water pistol and emptied it. Unfortunately my aim is not good and I missed the drain. Ooops. grin

Tanif Tue 26-Jul-11 11:50:10

"Not allowed to get wet"?! Are they related to the wicked witch of the west? They will not melt, they're waterproof! What difference does it make. Send your kids out with a big bucket of iced water!

vividgingerchilli Tue 26-Jul-11 22:38:20

grin at Tanif - a woman after my own heart..figuratively speaking of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now