Talk

Advanced search

to be bored shitless

(10 Posts)
BimboNo5 Wed 20-Jul-11 14:26:38

Of this work colleague...pregnant, first child CONSTANTLY going on about it on facebook, when will baby come, pictures of the cot, pictures of the washed baby clothes, ooh ive got a foot in my ribs, ooh will baby be early or late, will it be a boy or a girl, ive made a rug for baby...
I feel a little mean I know shes excited etc but several other people at work have had their first children and not one has rattled on and on to the extent she has.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 20-Jul-11 14:32:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FreudianSlipper Wed 20-Jul-11 14:35:00

let her enjoy the excitement

in a few months it will be talk of first smiles, how intelligent and advanced her baby is and this is far more boring

grovel Wed 20-Jul-11 14:54:10

and in a few months she'll have stretch marks and bags under her eyes.

Andrewofgg Wed 20-Jul-11 15:49:32

Listen:some parents of both sexes act as if they have invented the process all by their little selves. Don't let it annoy you!

Kayano Wed 20-Jul-11 15:51:25

I also feel this way and I an also pg with my first...

The way some people go on it's like they actually swapped their personality for a baby. It grates!

joric Wed 20-Jul-11 18:18:50

YANBU - I can't stand it!! Hyper mums to be will turn into huper mums with their a blow by blow account of nappy contents sad She is obviously excited but it's boring as hell for everyone else- trouble is, you can't say anything because it will always sound mean no matter how it is put. Just grit your teeth!

joric Wed 20-Jul-11 18:19:16

hyper mums

buggerlugs82 Wed 20-Jul-11 18:23:41

YADNBU - My friend was like this even though she knew im TTC and her friend had a MC and they wouldnt do a D&C to remove the dead baby for 2 weeks!!!

I hid her.

I can honestly say, and this may sound mean, that i can't see us ever being friends properly again. She has become a complete baby bore, its like the friend i knew doesnt exist any more.

valiumredhead Wed 20-Jul-11 18:24:57

YABU for being on FB IMO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now