Aworryingtrend Tue 19-Jul-11 13:08:54

I do this too blush

MardyBra Tue 19-Jul-11 13:09:55

or anything with no paragraphs.

OldRedEyes Tue 19-Jul-11 13:10:54

"you're being racist" gets me reaching for the back button

its the standby of people who cant discuss things properly

MissPenteuth Tue 19-Jul-11 13:12:30

YANBU OP, read whatever you like, obviously, but it strikes me as a bit arsey to start a thread essentially announcing how very boring you find some people's problems.

Tidey Tue 19-Jul-11 13:13:53

I can't be arsed reading anything where people use numbers instead of words. There was also one recently where pretty much every sentence finished with at least one, usually two, exclamation marks. It made my eyes ache. It wasn't even a humourous thread if I remember correctly.

MardyBra Tue 19-Jul-11 13:15:23

I can be arsed to read anything where the poster punctuates with lol.

LadyThumb Tue 19-Jul-11 13:40:23

Don't read posts with no paragraphs, punctuation, etc. Makes my eyes ache and my fingers itch to repost with it done so it is readable. Also wish their was a 'correction' emoticon so I can skip posts that have been corrected way down the thread and I've lost all track of what they're correcting.

MrsKravitz Tue 19-Jul-11 13:53:53

Gosh, thats a leap misspenteuth. Its about the actual phrase , not about being disinterested in people.

Hassled Tue 19-Jul-11 13:56:50

In fairness, if people don't give the "back story" and something pertinent is revealed later, they get accused of drip-feeding, which seems to be considered as bad as racism in any case.

CupcakesandTwunting Tue 19-Jul-11 13:57:02

Do you switch off because you can't face lots of reading or because you find back stories irritating?

WhereYouLeftIt Tue 19-Jul-11 13:59:06

I don't think the OP is saying "how very boring"/being arsey - there could be any number of reasons she stops reading besides presuming she will find it boring. "Back story" generally means a heavier/complicated thread. Sometimes I'm here for some light entertainment because I'm feeling down - what's wrong with dipping out of these threads?

MissPenteuth Tue 19-Jul-11 15:22:17

Fair enough, sorry. I thought you meant it was the backstory itself you objected to, rather than the phrase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now