Advanced search

I know this is really pathetic but I resent my dc school

(14 Posts)
yearningforthesun Mon 11-Jul-11 10:22:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Expelliarmus Mon 11-Jul-11 10:28:17

How old are they?
Could you/would you home school?
Are there other schools in the area you could look round, perhaps closer to home?

My older 2 dc were like yours, for other reasons I moved them to a different schools, and they love it. It's made a real difference to home life. Could it be that they are just not happy at that school?

knittedbreast Mon 11-Jul-11 10:30:02

why dont you move schools? i would if i were you

bubblesincoffee Mon 11-Jul-11 10:30:25

What are the chances of finding another school that would be better suited to them?

Even if you still had to do a bit of travelling, it would still improve things if they enjoyed being at school.

Yeah how old are they??

I think all kids are easier in the holidays to be honest, no stress, no hassles and living a free life - I am a much nicer person when I am not at work, lol!!!

Maybe they are picking up on your negative attitude to school though. No matter what your feelings are you need to big it up for them, tell them how brilliant school is, how important it is to do well etc etc..........

It's not pathetic to miss them but at the end of the day they do need to go and you need to be ok about them going!!! Not long now till the summer hols so just enjoy that and face the next school year with a positive attitude.

AMumInScotland Mon 11-Jul-11 10:32:41

Do you know what it is about the school that they dislike? Can you work out if that's something they'd have to deal with in all schools or is specific to that one? Then think about either changing to another school, or home educating - there are ways of doing that which would still let you get your work done, assuming they are not still so young they need constant supervision.

yearningforthesun Mon 11-Jul-11 10:35:24

Sewmuchtodo Mon 11-Jul-11 10:42:53

You need to speak to your local authority. If there is not a local school and the nearest placement is a 12 mile round trip then they should provide transport......no 7yr old should have to walk 12 miles a day for education!

I didnt realise from your first post they walked to school. No wonder they are tired and cranky if they are walking 12 miles a day?? Is this every day?? There must be a bus surely..............the LA cant expect them to walk that every day and I am amazed your appeal wasnt upheld on those grounds!

bubblesincoffee Mon 11-Jul-11 10:53:35

An appeal would not be upheld on those grounds because presumably the LA didn't make a mistake with the allocations. That is the only real way to win an infants appeal. The LA have to provide with a school place, and they have done, but they should also be providing transport.

You need to look into this by contacting the LA asap. No wonder your dc are exhausted if they are walking that far every day!

yearningforthesun Mon 11-Jul-11 10:53:37

Sewmuchtodo Mon 11-Jul-11 11:00:44

Ah, i see. Have you spoken to the local authority and explained the cost of transport is meaning you either have to make your 7yr old go on a bus by himself, and 8yr old walk or all walk as it is so expensive?

Lancelottie Mon 11-Jul-11 13:17:43

What are the roads like? Is there any way you could cycle, or walk part way and take the bus once you're into the cheaper zone?

yearningforthesun Mon 11-Jul-11 13:31:29

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now