Talk

Advanced search

To expect to be able to walk around naked in my own house without the NDN perving on me

(42 Posts)
StrandedHouseElf Fri 08-Jul-11 12:41:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 08-Jul-11 12:43:39

Don't be daft. Live in tightly-packed suburbia and you draw the blinds before getting undressed. Live in secluded isolation and you do as you please.

OpinionatedPlusSprogs Fri 08-Jul-11 12:44:18

Net curtains?

StrandedHouseElf Fri 08-Jul-11 12:45:02

bruxeur Fri 08-Jul-11 12:45:10

If it doesn't bother you then don't do anything?

piprabbit Fri 08-Jul-11 12:46:08

Tell the neighbour to get some of this and install it on her kitchen window.

If her H peels it off then she should consider divorcing the lech.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 08-Jul-11 12:46:17

And you've got someone that has gone out of their way.... So either you call the police and have them charged with being a peeping tom or you invest in some net curtains or a dressing gown.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 08-Jul-11 12:46:24

So he,s a peeping Tom and she wants you to change your behaviour?

Saying that I worked with a man who was arrested and went to court for been naked in his own front room. He was found not guilty but had been charged with indecent exposure. It was a group of kids in the street who saw him and reported him.

MoonGirl1981 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:46:51

It's up to you really.

If you don't mind him looking at you then carry on, if you do mind then stop.

If he has to climb about on furnishings to see you then it's not your fault, he's making the effort to perv.

CurrySpice Fri 08-Jul-11 12:49:14

What does his wife think about his behaviour? shock

piprabbit Fri 08-Jul-11 12:49:30

Or (getting very excited as I didn't know you could get this stuff until a moment ago), you could get some of this letting you see out and enjoy the sun - but spoiling your NDN's tricks.

TheRhubarb Fri 08-Jul-11 12:50:20

What if the postie goes up to your door - can he see through your living room window?
What if next door had the window cleaners round or someone doing work who could see you?

Yes you should be able to do what the hell you want in your own house and I am shock that this man has actually refused to stop looking. In fact I would go round there and confront him about it. Most men, if caught would be mortified but he sounds a right dick if he's blamed it on you and refused to stop leering at you. I'm not sure but I think you could even call the police as he is going out of his way, by the sounds of it, to spy on you.

However I am also quite paranoid about these things and would never walk around naked at home unless I was in the middle of a field with no footpaths around - and even then I'd be paranoid that someone would turn up.

Bogeyface Fri 08-Jul-11 12:51:11

Tell your neighbour that if she got naked for him more often then he wouldnt have to perv at you! grin

Personally I would speak to him about it and say that you know he has been looking and if he doesnt pack it in you will a) tell the police and b) tell everyone else in the street!

TheRhubarb Fri 08-Jul-11 12:51:48

Viva - I think it's a bit different if you are stood naked in front of your window staring at passing kids.

foreverondiet Fri 08-Jul-11 12:52:10

If you don't mind him looking them fair enough to keep on walking around naked!

StrandedHouseElf Fri 08-Jul-11 12:52:43

throckenholt Fri 08-Jul-11 12:55:30

looking is someone is easily on view is what most men would do - but not climbing on cabinets or running outside to peer over the fence !

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Fri 08-Jul-11 12:56:37

You're not doing anything wrong if you can't be seen from the street.

He on the other hand is a peeping tom and I think he could technically be arrested for voyeurism.

TheRhubarb Fri 08-Jul-11 13:00:04

If he is actually standing on something in order to see into your house then it is a gross invasion of your privacy and is something he can actually be charged with. Voyeurism I think it comes under in legal terms.

I would have a chat with your neighbour, tell them that your partner is not happy that you are being spied on and he is thinking of calling the police if it happens again. That takes the onus off you (and btw what partner wouldn't want the police involved if someone was getting sexual kicks by spying on you?) and gives them a very clear message that not only is it wrong but that you are not prepared to put up with it.

Let me make this very clear. An invasion of privacy is against the law. He is making a concerted effort to spy on you for sexual gratification. That is completely wrong and NOT your fault.

MoonGirl1981 Fri 08-Jul-11 13:00:51

I think you should write her a note thanking her for her advice. Tell her you've given it some thought and decided to contact the police over the situation. Then see what she says.

And no, 'all' men don't do that. They may look if you were parading around in front of french windows but they don't climb on worktops and peep over fences.

Does he have internet access?

superjobeespecs Fri 08-Jul-11 13:01:48

we have a huge backs where ppl walk their dogs a couple of times a day and our living room looks out onto it, my blinds and windows are always open and im nearly always half naked at least grin luckily not had any creeps walk by in the 2 yrs we've been here but its not like i stand at the window gyrating <not suggesting for a second you do!!> i think your neighbour needs to have a serious word with her hubby as you are in your house getting nude he needs to stop being a perv why should you stop doing what you like in your home cos he is a lech? dirty git he is and well done you getting nude its great grin

moosemurphy Fri 08-Jul-11 13:03:55

Tell your neighbour that if she got naked for him more often then he wouldnt have to perv at you!

Blaming the wife for the husband being a peeping tom? Are you serious bogeyface?

altinkum Fri 08-Jul-11 13:07:37

ZZZenAgain Fri 08-Jul-11 13:08:48

I think if people discover there is a naked woman to be seen, some of them might well make the necessary effort to have a look at her, even if it involves peering over a fence. A lot of people live drab lives

It is not a great tone in that relationship is it? She says to him she doesn't like it and he says he is going to continue doing it. Bit sad the whole thing. I wouldn't deliberately set out to escalate the situation personally

Bogeyface Fri 08-Jul-11 13:16:29

NO! It just seems that as the DW is blaming th OP for the perving, she should turn it round and blame the wife and she how she likes it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now