Talk

Advanced search

Disagreement with a friend

(13 Posts)
Ambers123 Sun 26-Jun-11 08:04:46

Hi I had a disagreement with a friend , who was in the wrong and needed a few things pointed out to her in a nice way, she was in total denail over it all, but eventually apologised albiet grudgingly, we then had a night out with alot of other woman, she sat with another friend of mine who just drew me daggers the whole night, I did not speak to them and have not told anyone else of this argument but am now wary of the other girl , and wondering what is the best way to play it when we do meet up, any ideas?

savoycabbage Sun 26-Jun-11 08:06:48

Well, she is going to talk about it I would say. It's human nature. She will be telling her side to people and they will be agreeing with what she says.

PonceyMcPonce Sun 26-Jun-11 08:10:58

You had a clear the air session on a girls night out?
In vino veritas or stroppy?

If a good friend I thinknyou need to speak properly. If casual buddy, I think you have set up a ridiculous feud.

Ambers123 Sun 26-Jun-11 08:12:36

no not on night out we work together so it was at our place of work and she was bang out of order, sorry for confusion.

PonceyMcPonce Sun 26-Jun-11 08:14:46

Sorry misread

<< winds in neck>>

Oh deffo gossip then.

clam Sun 26-Jun-11 08:17:53

Who says she was in the wrong? You? Or did she agree and apologise?

Reality Sun 26-Jun-11 08:19:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ambers123 Sun 26-Jun-11 08:21:24

she was in the wrong has been targeting a few other people and she apoligised to me personally , i have never had to address this kind of conflict at work before and found it extremely difficult because we have been friends for 4 years so i do not do it lightly.That is the hard part i was reallly fond of her but nhse has changed so much like a diffferent person and everyone is talking and seeing her in a bad light that is what i told her , was trying to help her.

clam Sun 26-Jun-11 08:23:20

Hmm. Sounds like she wasn't that ok with your pep talk after all!

Ambers123 Sun 26-Jun-11 08:23:32

She has turned into a control freak, has been ranting at her work colleagues and where we work it is supposed to be team work, no one is the boss.

Ambers123 Sun 26-Jun-11 08:24:24

Yes I agree but she had bullied someone else she tried it on me she needed stopping as she was way out of line.

clam Sun 26-Jun-11 08:40:03

Well, if she has changed into a person who behaves like that, then she was never going to "hear" your message. If you've tried to point out, nicely, that there's a problem, and she's now kicking off to other people about it, then you just have to back off I think. While she's behaving like this is it any great loss?

Ambers123 Sun 26-Jun-11 08:44:20

No you are right , just makes me feel used by her that is all , and awkard because we work in same place,i cant stand stuck up spoilt woman , but thanks for your advice appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now