Talk

Advanced search

to ASK ANY of you do, or have done,TWITTER?

(12 Posts)
GabbyLoggon Mon 20-Jun-11 14:09:22

It usually gets used frivolously I have tried one or two serious things.

GabbyLoggon Mon 20-Jun-11 14:10:45

I dont really get the followers or following thing . It usually seems to be used for people advertising themsleves.

MrsKwazii Mon 20-Jun-11 14:13:29

Yes, use it all the time and absolutely love it! India Knight describes it as being at a fascinating cocktail party where you can hear all sorts of conversations and join in with people.

I have a Twitter account in my MN name as well as one in my RL name for work. Have had lots of laughs as @MrsKwazii with MNers and others, and made loads of good connections with RL one too. Easier to keep them seperate for me.

What did you think of it?

PerryCombover Mon 20-Jun-11 14:15:07

stop extracting urine

Insomnia11 Mon 20-Jun-11 14:15:20

I got into it when I was on mat leave with DD2. I chat to loads of people on there - mostly normal people not celebrities, though I do follow one or two who have interesting things to say such as Graham Linehan.

It does take a while to build up a crowd of people who you are interested in hearing from, but I really enjoy it. It's far far more interesting than Facebook.

wannaBe Mon 20-Jun-11 14:16:01

yes I love twitter for all sorts of reasons..

follow me @clairerandall if you wish...

MrsKwazii Mon 20-Jun-11 14:17:30

The more people you follow, the more of a conversation you can have and the more connections you make. Gransnet has a v good twitter guide but the best thing to do is just dive in. I think you have with MmeLindor before, right?

GabbyLoggon Mon 20-Jun-11 14:19:07

mrsKwazil I used to find it a good discipline having to write something in 140 characters. It is easily possible when you get the knack

I never quiete got the idea of how you respond to people with the @ the dalilama bit

GeekCool Mon 20-Jun-11 14:19:09

Yes, I use it for work (brand awareness and other such nonsense) and stalking following some rather buff celebs

GabbyLoggon Mon 20-Jun-11 14:22:28

I seem to be off at the moment because they keep telling me to sign on again under the new system And I dont get how you do it. Like a lot of other people I was on twitter under my own name.

JudysJudgement Mon 20-Jun-11 14:30:12

love it, use it every day for funny things and serious things

really useful in getting stuff out to a lot of people

GabbyLoggon Mon 20-Jun-11 14:36:06

Judysjudgement. I think I have missed a trick in just doing it for posting views and jokes. I shall do it different next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now