Talk

Advanced search

...to wish that I could work...

(10 Posts)
Punkatheart Tue 14-Jun-11 14:02:27

I am having one of those days. I miss the lively attitude of work, the pressure and the sense of achievement. I didn't work when my DD was born, then was diagnosed with lymphoma. Current situation is that with my chemo shots, I get really lethargic. So an average day will consist of trying to do housework, sleeping, bit of gardening, sleeping, trying some writing, sleeping etc etc. I do some proofreading, get some stories published but it's the company I miss. I thrived on pressure.

So in my dreams I find a job which is pressurised and challenged - but where erratic naps are welcomed and applauded. Bloody annoying.

I always remember my father's words when he was terminally ill: 'When you come and see me again, I will be normal.' Of course he never was, poor soul. But that's just it - I want to be NORMAL!

So people, please enjoy your energy and your jobs - even the bloomin' housework. I miss it all. If you can find a sleep-orientated job for me, I would be so grateful!

BeerTricksPotter Tue 14-Jun-11 14:09:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

veritythebrave Tue 14-Jun-11 14:12:20

caramelwaffle Tue 14-Jun-11 14:14:34

Wishing you well.

Dream experiments for a job? grin
Lay there and have probes attached? Easy,peasy.

peanutbutterkid Tue 14-Jun-11 14:24:34

I wish I could work, too (wistful).

Punkatheart Tue 14-Jun-11 17:19:55

Maybe we could start a 'dream team' Peanut.....thanks for the ideas. I will be filling my applications out shortly - after I have had a nap of course.

I remind myself of the dormouse in Alice in Wonderland. Now, to find a teapot big enough........

Punkatheart Wed 15-Jun-11 00:25:37

...that's spooky. A girl for whom I did some proofreading work last year has contacted me again with some more work. So today has not been all bad!

caramelwaffle Wed 15-Jun-11 13:17:25

Excellent. Good luck with everything

cubscout Wed 15-Jun-11 13:48:17

Well done Punk and good luck. We all need eeminding sometimes that 'ordinary' and 'normal' are often very precious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now