Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why, with all the angst over bottles being used everywhere as a standard icon of feeding babies...

(22 Posts)
WannabeMusician Thu 09-Jun-11 15:36:51

that I have never seen anyone complain about the MN logo? I don't care really, in fact I have only just clocked that there is a bottle there and it put me in mind of all the threads I have read where people get upset by a bottle on a 'congratulation on the birth of your child' card or the door of a feeding room. Is it just that people haven't noticed or do the people who object to bottles being the norm associated with babies allow MN to 'get away with it'?

I realise this may start a fight but I figure most people either will not have noticed or will not care, I just wondered what the opinions of anyone who is against the use as a bottle as an icon for baby feeding think?

Apologies if this goes wrong!

LolaRennt Thu 09-Jun-11 15:38:45

would have been hard to arrang a silhouette around a boob!

LindyHemming Thu 09-Jun-11 15:38:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 09-Jun-11 15:39:12

It has been discussed in the past but I don't recall any big deal being made of it. Don't know why. I suppose you couldn't really portray bf in silhouette form... confused smile

DoMeDon Thu 09-Jun-11 15:39:28

I thought it was a bottle of wine wink

brokencrayons Thu 09-Jun-11 15:41:09

haha! I have to admit, Id be more offended by a breast on a card than by a bottle.

wotss Thu 09-Jun-11 15:42:27

Only one of the three has a bottle, though, p'raps the other two have just unlatched from a "dripping nipple".

Owlingate Thu 09-Jun-11 15:42:38

Many of us who BF also use bottles though don't we? I don't see how a picture of a bottle undermines BF personally, for me bottles allowed me to continue BF when going back to work or (God forbid) having a night out.

Funny thing to be bothered about TBH. A carton of SMA on the other hand...

Insomnia11 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:42:40

I was more upset that they ripped off the Charlie's Angel's logo which I used to have on a t-shirt in about 1994.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 09-Jun-11 15:44:23

Anyone who gets upset about a picture of a bottle, frankly, has problems....

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 09-Jun-11 15:44:33

Actually Owlingate, I think that was the argument put forward when it was discussed before. I knew there was a perfectly logical reason why people decided not to rise up and complain at that point smile

grovel Thu 09-Jun-11 15:44:34

I thought the one on the right was a vibrator.

Owlingate Thu 09-Jun-11 15:46:45

The babies in the picture look too old to be breastfed anyway.

Mwahahahahah

MrsCarriePooter Thu 09-Jun-11 15:48:22

Panic over: I think on the logo they're all sitting on a really big boob.

nenevomito Thu 09-Jun-11 15:49:00

I've always been more interested in how it looks like a cannabis leaf when shrunk to fit on the mug. brew But that's just me!

WannabeMusician Thu 09-Jun-11 15:49:42

We probably should worry more about the baby in the middle doing the 'Heil Hitler' salute...

curlywurlycremeegg Thu 09-Jun-11 15:49:58

I had never noticed it before, in the 4 years I have been visiting the site, am I unobservant? grin

LindyHemming Thu 09-Jun-11 15:50:21

LindyHemming Thu 09-Jun-11 15:50:59

PuppyMonkey Thu 09-Jun-11 15:54:14

I once worked for a PR company and for our Christmas card to clients one year, we had to do that same Charlie's Angels style sillhouette/pose for a photo and then it was turned into a Christmas card with Happy Christmas on it. We all felt like proper tits.

MrsCarriePooter Thu 09-Jun-11 15:58:14

Actually to be honest I think the biggest concern is those trousers. What would Style & Beauty say? I bet there's a waterfall cardigan if you look hard enough.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Thu 09-Jun-11 16:11:46

It's a giant fruitshoot, you loons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now