Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why there aren't fuel protests like there were 11 years ago?

(7 Posts)
cherryburton Tue 31-May-11 20:01:01

I can't even remember how much fuel got up to then, but remember when trucks were blockading petrol stations and people were panic buying?

Yet fuel is pushing £1.40 per litre now and sure, people are griping about it, but there seems to be a sort of tired acceptance of it all now.

Why is this? (And can we start a riot, please?) grin

Meow75 Tue 31-May-11 20:02:17

A degree of resignation, considering how well that protest went?

That's what I've put it down to.

HerHissyness Tue 31-May-11 20:03:03

We can't afford the fuel to get there! grin

NickNacks Tue 31-May-11 20:04:17

I agree. It didn't do anything last time and for some people, it's the least of their worries right now.

cherryburton Tue 31-May-11 20:05:01

Seriously though, was just on another thread about how everyone's worse off now than ever, and there's a lot of general resentment, fear and uncertainty about - we're ripe for a revolution...

SmethwickBelle Tue 31-May-11 20:05:04

The Daily Mail hasn't whipped up a frenzy? I often think people suck things up until the papers go "IT IS AN OUTRAGE" and then everyone goes, "Oh, OK, I thought it was just me that found that annoying".

cherryburton Tue 31-May-11 20:08:40

grin Smethwick. If we have to have the Daily Mail they might as well make themselves useful. Have a word, someone...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: