Talk

Advanced search

to expect my husband to at least act like he gives a shit?

(16 Posts)
nemmynem Tue 24-May-11 20:23:40

hi! today i got made supervisor at work, i told my huband and he said "oh right, how much more do u get paid for that"? that was it.

AIBU to be pissed off to not have even got a "well done"?

Bumfuzzle Tue 24-May-11 20:26:50

Not unreasonable at all.

Have you told him how you feel?

LindyHemming Tue 24-May-11 20:26:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MarinaIvy Tue 24-May-11 20:27:28

YANBU! And congratulations, by the way! Well done, and I'm sure you deserved it.

(now make me my tea and massage my feet!)

Juuussssttt kiddin'

BobbaFettBountyHunter Tue 24-May-11 20:28:20

I got promoted last week and my OH asked the exact same thing. Must be wired into the male brain. Huge congrats though...What do you do?

AgentZigzag Tue 24-May-11 20:29:32

Nice one, well done you smile

I would ask how much cash we'd get extra, but after lots of jumping up and down and the getting of alcoholic celebrations.

Definately, like bumfuzz says, tell him you feel a bit deflated by his reaction.

He sounded distracted, any reason he might sound like that?

AgentZigzag Tue 24-May-11 20:30:17

Congrats to bobba too smile

BobbaFettBountyHunter Tue 24-May-11 20:33:43

Haha cheers, I already congratulated byself by buying congratsbobbanewshoes from New look, yeah, I live dangerously.

nemmynem Tue 24-May-11 20:43:37

thanks smile congrats to you too bobba! im only a cleaner, but now im a cleaning supervisor smile
iv been working my arse off the last few months, an now im really happy that it has been recognised.

I asked him why he didnt congratulate me or anything and he ust said, "sorry.. well done"

Men! ah well my best friend made up for it when i told her, and we are celebrating by goin shopping saturday smile

BobbaFettBountyHunter Tue 24-May-11 20:45:40

Brilliant, see, he just needed a prod lol. Well done! And NEVER say you are just a cleaner,a jobs a job mate and you sound like you do it well so be proud!

Andrewofgg Fri 27-May-11 17:23:00

Male mind, bollocks. Human mind. I got the same reaction from DW when I got promoted.

Lambzig Fri 27-May-11 17:48:03

Congratulations! My DH is absolutely the same and when I was talking about looking for a new job even said "you have to understand that my career is more important than yours now we have DD"

I wasnt impressed.

1Catherine1 Fri 27-May-11 17:50:23

<Feels quite guilty now>

OP - YANBU but it has just made me realize how unreasonable I was when my OH got a promotion a couple of weeks ago. I think I responded in a similar way to your DH, I must have seemed like a real bitch to him. I acted like this because in my mind he'd been doing that job for months anyway - i know, I have seen him or not seen him at home enough as proof. It was only now he was being recognised for his good work. Are you sure your DH isn't guilty of doing the same thing as I did?

xstitch Fri 27-May-11 17:50:25

YANBU.

Congratulations and take 'only' out of that sentence nobody is only anything.

justpaddling Fri 27-May-11 17:52:33

justpaddling Fri 27-May-11 17:54:06

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: