Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed at how predictable and pushy advertising is during the year??

(6 Posts)
PussinJimmyChoos Thu 06-Jan-11 20:12:53

By this I mean:

As soon as summer solstice is over (it seems!) we have adverts for a perfect USA style halloween, often alongside the Xmas adverts - how to have a perfect Xmas, snow, rosy cheeked kids behaving rather than screeching over the last sweet in the celebrations box

Then, as Xmas approaches, the sales adverts start, then there is the full on sales adverts, then come the losing weight fitness adverts and then <shrieks> the farking creme eggs!!!!

Then we get to Easter...

<bangs head on wall>

I feel as if am being taken for a consumer mug and fed up with how the pattern goes every year....

charliesmommy Thu 06-Jan-11 20:14:48

you are only a mug if you succumb to it..

PussinJimmyChoos Thu 06-Jan-11 20:22:20

I don't...doesn't mean I can't get annoyed at it on my TV every 5 mins though grin

EricNorthmansMistress Thu 06-Jan-11 20:23:43

YANBU, I was thinking this the other\day, how aggressively predictable they are!

southeastastra Thu 06-Jan-11 20:26:47

doesn't seem to be much art involved in making ads these days which is a shame. i guess it's easy to just go straight into making tv shows as there are so many cable channels.

fotheringhay Thu 06-Jan-11 20:41:09

YANBU, it's painfully predictable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: