Talk

Advanced search

Not to ever watch ITV?

(11 Posts)
LindyHemming Wed 05-Jan-11 19:06:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

5Foot5 Wed 05-Jan-11 19:35:57

Well, given that it costs you nothing more than you are already paying in TV license and whatever digital package you may have, I can't see why you wouldn't give it as much consideration as any other channel.

It shows quite a bit of stuff that isn't to my taste and some things that I think are OK. But I could say the same for just about any other major channel.

I can't think of any other reason, rather than some peculiar snobbery, where you would rule out an entire channel.

OpenToLawSuits Wed 05-Jan-11 19:38:45

I'm not a huge TV person, but I have Sky+ (for the movies and my husband's weird addiction to Uk Strongest Man since 1983 hmm) however, IF I watch it I tend to watch all of the other channels barring 1,2,3,4 I find BBC3 interesting sometimes, and there are often movies on ITV2 and I like E4/More4 (Come Dine With Me, which I get to watch if my dh doesn't delete it).

But I agree it does tend to be just shite.

Bogeyface Wed 05-Jan-11 19:41:51

I very very rarely watch it, usually only if there is something on that someone else is watching. Most of what is on there is shite.

I was brought up not being allowed to watch ITV! We could watch Corrie cos my mum liked it, but that was about it. We were only allowed to watch BBC kids TV, and we were only allowed to watch Tiswas on a Saturday if dad was at home and she was at work as she thought it was rubbish

NewYearNewPants Wed 05-Jan-11 19:43:05

Ocassionally watch it if their occasional 'drama premieres'look any cop.

Otherwise, it all looks mighty shit. ITV news is unbearable guff.

NewYearNewPants Wed 05-Jan-11 19:43:21

I can spell occasionally grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 05-Jan-11 19:43:27

We weren't allowed to watch ITV either!
It was perceived as ( whispers ) common..

Besom Wed 05-Jan-11 19:43:28

Is that why we didn't get Downtown Abbey?

I don't watch it very often now I think about it, but it isn't a conscious thing.

Newgolddream Wed 05-Jan-11 19:44:53

Well its all about personal interest and choice at the end of the day. I watch quite a lot of ITV, esp Corrie and Emmerdale. We all enjoy different things at the end of the day, theres no reason to just stick to 1 channel.

Im in Scotland and STV has had a big fall out with ITV so under the banner that they want to show "quality local programmes" (load of rubbish tbh) have not shown loads of dramas I watch on ITV including Miss Marple and Doc Martin. But since Ive got Sky its relatively easy to watch them on ITV there.

LindyHemming Wed 05-Jan-11 19:53:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bogeyface Wed 05-Jan-11 19:54:11

Rather thats was my mums view too I think!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: