Talk

Advanced search

To think that having two kids who don't sleep and a bad bout of pms turned me into a ranting, raving loony last weekend!

(9 Posts)
MsKLo Wed 22-Dec-10 22:59:37

I have two gorgeous kids

But they are terrible sleepers!

I haven't had a decent night's kip in YEARS and I also had a particularly bad bout of pms at the weekend which, I fear, turned me into a ranting, raving loony who was grumpy and arsey with everyone and anyone!

Is it rwasonalble to blame the tiredness and the pms?!

I never used to get sooooo grumpy!

MsKLo Wed 22-Dec-10 23:00:21

Reasonable even!

onceamai Wed 22-Dec-10 23:09:25

Totally and comletely reasonable. I had two like that - didn't have an unbroken night's sleep for 8 years and nobody understood. The worst is now 15 and can sleep for England!

MsKLo Wed 22-Dec-10 23:11:53

Eight years! Aghhh!

I have a good few years to go then

X

MsKLo Wed 22-Dec-10 23:12:42

Do you ever get back to feeling normal then?!

onceamai Wed 22-Dec-10 23:16:08

Mine were very bad though. Once they started sleeping I had lost the habit and just don't seem to need so much sleep now. It's a bummer really but I do feel completely normal again though. Not sure if that was the sleep or them growing up a bit though and being able to do things like nip to the shops on my own, read a book, go to the loo on my own, have a shower in peace. It gets better OP - IMO teenagers are much much easer than toddlers.

LolaBellsAllTheWay Wed 22-Dec-10 23:23:14

I was coming on to sympathise MsKLo but now onceamai has terrified me, my oldest is only 2.3yo (not slept a full night since sep 08) so I'm a long way off!

I also have terrible PMS now, never used to before but it has returned with a vengeance! I could have gladly killed DP last week!

And onceamai you're right, people don't understand about the tiredness! MY SIL's DD has slept through from 12 weeks and has had a couple of unsettled nights in 8 months and goes on and on about it! I think really...???

onceamai Wed 22-Dec-10 23:37:56

If it's any consolation, I've got a biggish gap and there were periods of sleep (although DS only ever needed 8 hours tops) but punctuated by ear infections - both DC and big time, and major events, like starting nursery, school, etc.

Time for bed for me now - just sent DS up!

MsKLo Thu 23-Dec-10 03:05:07

Baby has woken for a feed again... Trying to get her off the boob at night is another matter!

At least the eldest is sleeping well tonight!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: