Talk

Advanced search

To be seriously considering buying a vaginal tightening cream.

(21 Posts)
susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 20:47:21

I wont bore you with all the details but I have tried physio, kegels, cones, electronic cones and even had surgery in that area to correct problems caused by a very bad childbirth, but my fanny is still like a burst football!

Anyway has anyone tried these creams you can buy online? Do any of them tighten things up even just a little bit? or is it just a waste of money.

Thanks

curlymama Fri 03-Dec-10 20:49:18

If everything you have listed above doesn't work, I wouldn't have thought a cream would.

I didn't even know they existed!

Simbacatlives Fri 03-Dec-10 20:51:30

Do you need surgery?

ilovexmasme Fri 03-Dec-10 20:53:03

dont think a cream will work, there is no miracle cure for these unfortunate problems sad

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 20:54:06

I dont think a cream would sort out he main problems just thought it might tighten things up a bit for a few mins. I sort of imagined they might work a bit like those lip glosses that plump the lips up and tingle for a bit.

mistletoeploppy Fri 03-Dec-10 20:55:39

Sounds fun, but I bet they don't work grin

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 20:57:03

I'd like to hear particularly from anyone that has bought a cream.

Yes surgery is needed - i have had one op, need another but my GP says as not urgent i can't even be refered till feb. i thought the cut were not affecting the NHS!

pink4ever Fri 03-Dec-10 20:58:12

Can you let me know if cream works please wink

KangarooCaught Fri 03-Dec-10 21:00:00

The creams aren't going to do what surgery can't, I would have thought. Save your money. If the surgery was unsuccessful, are you having it done again?

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:02:42

Slightly different thing this time. - long story!

Botox ?

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:05:01

last time repair to scar tissue - this time prolapse repair (apprently only minor prolapse- but does not feel minor to me)and TVT for stress incontinence.

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:06:40

would botox work - thought that relaxed muscles - would imagine collegen to plump them up is more what is needed.

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:07:33

Apocalypse do uknow anything more about botox?

I thought it may be an option, it seems to be used for everything these days, have you tried doing pelvic floor exercises ?

Tbh I think the only real option is surgery sad

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:18:55

i know i need surgery but i just thought to improve sex a bit while waiting

Ladyofthehousespeaking Fri 03-Dec-10 21:22:36

Noo it won't work- I'm sorry but it's better than being let down in the long run.
Don't buy anything with chemicals/medical from the Internet anyway,you have no idea what could be in there and if you're sore etc you don't want to make it worse if it burns you etc

TattyDevine Fri 03-Dec-10 21:35:58

Botox does not relax muscles so much as immobilise them, paralyse them.

You need surgery. The NHS dont sound like they "tightened" you so much as fixed the scar tissue, leaving the other problem there simply because it wasn't in their "remit".

That's the trouble with the NHS - despite using a bed, anaesthetic, surgeon, etc, they dont do the whole job. I understand why they can't but it still seems a waste.

Hopefully they will sort you. If not, can you go private?

Go private for your privates grin

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:47:35

Yes i could go private but it would only be the same consultant i think

Simbacatlives Fri 03-Dec-10 21:56:57

No you can chose ant private consultant. There are at least 3 do it in my Nuffield. I had it 7 weeks ago- I think if I had paid it would have been almost £4k though.

Surgeon was £1200 for operation alone without hospital and anaesthetist

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Fri 03-Dec-10 21:59:17

no, the creams don't work

they are just like pile cream, they tighten the skin, which has no effect whatsoever on the underlying supporting structures

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now