Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dandruff - can dd have this 3.3 years

(5 Posts)
indamb Fri 25-Feb-05 18:37:22

my dd has dark hair, constantly thinking she has nits as she has small white flakes (just barely see them) in her hair.

could it be dandruff, if so what can i use for her hair.

its not too bad, just i know its there.

she does suffer with a bit of excema, she has mainly grow out of it now. just an odd patch arround her hands and face.
could it be connected.

any advice welcome

alexsmum Fri 25-Feb-05 18:41:49

yeah, littlies can have dandruff. when they get cradle cap , it's sebhorric(?) eczema isn't it?
not sure what to use- maybe try the infaderm shampoo which is meant for kids with eczema. Her scalp might just be a bit dry and sensitive.

dabihp Sat 26-Feb-05 22:30:20

my 2 year old has this condition, the doctor prescribed a tar based shampoo, which is doing nothing! She scratches her head at night and has cut it in several places, which is really worrying. I have tried warm olive oil on her head, which clears the problem up, but only for a day, and am going to take her back to the doctors. Anyone else got any sugeestions for useful remedies?

LUCYKATIE Sat 26-Feb-05 23:16:48

HI

dabihp Sat 26-Feb-05 23:23:25

Hi!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now