Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Where can i get a dairy free advent calendar?

(16 Posts)
camera Thu 19-Oct-06 09:21:28

do they make them? and if so where from?

nailpolish Thu 19-Oct-06 09:36:43

i personally dont like advent calendars with any form of sweets or chocolate inside them

call me old fashioned but the ones with the picture behind the door (and therefore dairy free!) are far nicer than a bit of chocolate, that when youve eaten you are left with a plastic space

camera Thu 19-Oct-06 11:00:02

but poor ds wants what other dc are having.

BernieBear Thu 19-Oct-06 11:17:48

I don't know, but will be watching this with interest. Would like to get one too!

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Thu 19-Oct-06 11:19:37

Get the sort with pockets and put in appropriate sweets/presents?

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Thu 19-Oct-06 11:23:55

How about this ? You'd have to check if it really was dairy free, of course...

thejozone Sun 30-Oct-16 09:19:09

try D&D chocolates for a good calendar.... www.danddchocolates.com , they also have a fair few christmas ideas for dairy free diets..

MyBootsAreMuddy Sun 30-Oct-16 09:23:53

Holland and Barratt do dairy free ones. Also try Moo free as I think they do advent callendars to.

BusStopBetty Sun 30-Oct-16 09:36:23

There are a few other options, jelly beans, Haribo, and Swizzels, but you'd need to check the ingredients. www.bmstores.co.uk/products/christmas/christmas-confectionery/advent-calendars

PaperdollCartoon Sun 30-Oct-16 09:38:52

Yes Moo Free do one. This picture is from Ocado but it's also sold in Waitrose and Sainsbury's

228agreenend Sun 30-Oct-16 09:42:09

All the major supermarkets stock dairy-free advent calandars and Christmas chocolate. Sometimes you have to grab them when you see them. Look in their free-from/allergy aisles, not among the Advent calandar shelves.

WicksEnd Sun 30-Oct-16 09:45:14

Pretty sure I saw one from Asda on my FB newsfeed the other day.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sun 30-Oct-16 09:46:44

If the characters matter then get a normal one, open it carefully at the top, take the tray out, eat tip the chocolate out, wash thoroughly, melt dairy free chocolate and put it into the mould. Only works if intollerance, wouldn't risk a trace if allergy.

Teacupinastorm Sun 30-Oct-16 09:49:44

Tesco do a dairy free. As do holland and barrat. They also do a dairy free selection box which we bought last year.

NoNutsPlease Sun 30-Oct-16 09:51:07

I'm looking for milk and nut free. I got DC a Haribo one but its massive and way more sugar than having a small piece of chocolate.

I'm told you can order them from Kinderton?

This is our first 'free from' xmas and I'm dreading it tbh. It's so hard when one child can't have what their siblings are having.

NoNutsPlease Sun 30-Oct-16 10:04:53

Sorry it's Kinnerton.

this Moo Free one looks fine though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now