Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Symptoms having reintroduced wheat - coincidence?

(4 Posts)
ilovetosleep Sat 22-Nov-14 13:52:44

Ds1 had dreadful silent reflux and while ebf I was off dairy, soya, egg and wheat. He is now also on omeprazole and reflux symptoms al but gone. He is still v unsettled and grumpy and terrible at sleeping but have had to put all that down to temperament! Skin testing showed only a mild allergy to egg, nothing else.

Now we are weaning (7.5mo) and doc has advised trialling wheat. So last wknd he had small piece of bread and we had a paricularly unsettled couple of nights, but hard to tell as he was teething!
Yesterday lunchtime I have him some toast (he loved it, ate about half a soldier). That evening in the bath I noticed some spots on his cheek a bit dry and excema ish but not very severe. A few more this morning. Today he has had first runny poo in weeks, having been a bit constipated. But, he ate a ton of fruit yesterday, and he also woke up with a runny nose and sneezes (presumably a cold) and a glimpse of a new tooth, each of which could explain the nappy and/or the rash.

It's so hard to know! Otherwise he's been normal, we had a normal nights sleep (non sleep!) and his mood is fairly normal.

My life would be so much better with some bread in it (for me and him!)

I suppose I should wait another week and re trial it? Do these sound like definitive allergy/intolerance symptoms?

ilovetosleep Sat 22-Nov-14 13:53:16

Should add I am still on the exclusion diet as stil bf

HopeNope Mon 24-Nov-14 15:53:45

Yes i would wait a week till he his better and then re-try. Best of luck!

Though the eczema would suggest he did react, but to make sure you could re-try. And then give piriton if he does.

ilovetosleep Mon 24-Nov-14 21:54:36

Thanks, I will have to. Things have progressed to a proper cold and the spotty rash has been getting worse as he smears snot all over himself smile It's such a minefield, babies are never entirely symptom free!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now