Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Quick question for coeliacs

(8 Posts)
InterruptingCow Sun 12-Dec-10 12:14:16

Can coeliacs drink whiskey? I'm not too sure which grains contain gluten and which are okay. Brother has recently been diagnosed as coeliac and am wondering if it's okay to buy him his favourite whiskey for Christmas. Thanks!

LoudRowdyDuck Sun 12-Dec-10 15:48:05

I don't know what other people will say, but my friend was diagnosed with coeliac disease recently, and the worst I've ever seen her was when she had a shot of whiskey after cutting out other products. Her face was very red and sore for days - I wouldn't risk it, personally!

bramblebooks Sun 12-Dec-10 16:42:39

No. Sorry. Dh is coeliac and can't touch it. Mum bought him a good brandy instead.

twopeople Sun 12-Dec-10 16:46:37

Message withdrawn

twopeople Sun 12-Dec-10 16:51:11

Message withdrawn

KalokiMallow Sun 12-Dec-10 16:54:30

My dad has coeliacs and drinks some whiskey. Do check out the Coeliac UK directory to see what is GF

bramblebooks Sun 12-Dec-10 17:47:20

Omg guys, you may have reinvented christmas for dh! He hasn't drink whiskey for 14 years .. An experiment is due!

notapizzaeater Sun 12-Dec-10 20:16:59

Spirits are OK - "normal" beers/lagers not - you can get Gluten free beers in some supermarkets.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: