Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Special Guardianhip Orders

(3 Posts)
PrincessII Wed 24-Jun-09 11:53:21

My DH child has been living through care placement with my DH extended family. We would like my DH chld to live with us.

Upon calling social services, my DH was told his extended family unbeknown to him, have applied for a special Guardianship Order. Social Services, nor his extended family contacted my DH to tell him, he is distraught.

Was it wrong for social services not to contact DH? Also as DH does not get on with extended family, they will make it hard, as they have done in the past for him to see his DS.

Advice would be appreciated, as we do not know where to start.

PrincessII Wed 24-Jun-09 11:54:36

DH extended family were granted the SGO a few months ago. Also SS were aware in feb/march this year that we were moving to a bigger house, so that we could accomodate DSS.

Silver1 Thu 25-Jun-09 00:03:03

I would say- see a solicitor. The first appointment should be free and our husband may be entitled to legal aid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: