Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Adoption support fund

(5 Posts)
tinks269 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:00:35

I was wondering how we access it. Does it have to be through AS SS? What I mean is after much research I have found a therapist offering what we think AS needs (SS agrees). Does she need to fill in the paperwork or can we?
Also can we start the therapy now and if/when successful claim the sessions we have already paid for?

B1rdonawire Fri 17-Mar-17 11:06:54

Based on this the application has to be via the LA:

I believe it's usually the placing LA, but they can agree the adopters' LA can do it if there is a sensible geographical or other reason.

tinks269 Fri 17-Mar-17 12:17:44

Thanks B1rdonawire that's what I thought, and had read, but I just wanted to check in case any mumsnetter had found a way round.

MintyLizzy9 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:02:42

Yup the LA has to process. There needs to be an offical assessment of needs (mine was done by the LA over the phone, about an hour of questions).

Kewcumber Tue 21-Mar-17 21:41:17

we were referred by camhs, referred to camhs by GP and school ep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: