Counselling bodies

(11 Posts)
debbs77 Sun 23-Jul-17 18:08:08

Hi! Does anyone know who courses need to be accredited by to become a counsellor? I've seen so many different courses but I don't want to waste time on something that won't actually mean anything

OP’s posts: |
LRDtheFeministDragon Mon 24-Jul-17 21:48:07

I'm sorry, I don't know - but you might get better responses in the HE section. Most of us here are chatting about being working academics rather than talking about choosing courses.

galateawoodson Thu 26-Apr-18 13:21:31

My experience has been that high school counselors are the most unhelpful group of individuals in academia. (A close second is financial aid personnel at colleges and universities.) Even though I was at the top of my class, my high school counselors gave me absolutely no meaningful advice when I was pursuing college. Do you want to be a counselor indeed? - Ask domyhomeworkonline.net/do-my-college-homework.php for a help!

DoctorGilbertson Thu 26-Apr-18 21:31:16

I think BACP is the organisation that accredits courses

www.bacp.co.uk/search/Courses

FarFrom Thu 26-Apr-18 21:36:26

I’m sorry to say that it is really not well regulated and certainly is not a protected term.
Is there a particular training you are interested in? Some are better than others. Although not conclusive by any means- if something takes time it at least understands that this is an area that requires time.
Do you have a particular area you are interested in? You may find there is a training better than counselling.

jessicagoldner Mon 15-Jul-19 13:53:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

deniseandams Tue 13-Aug-19 11:43:06

samcarter456 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:30:27

samcarter456 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:32:14

hannahtims Thu 26-Mar-20 07:54:45

eshleydurst Sun 23-Aug-20 12:23:55

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in