Talk

Advanced search

2 job interviews and came 2nd both times..

(10 Posts)
TheGrayChapter Tue 06-Oct-20 15:37:22

It’s so disheartening, apparently I interviewed brilliantly both time but someone else was better than me.

I supposed I best start looking again...sadly it’s not the best time to be job hunting sad

OP’s posts: |
MyGodImSoYoung Tue 06-Oct-20 15:43:29

Oh my love, that's rubbish.

On the plus side, you know that you do well in interviews. Try not to be disheartened; it is an absolutely crap time to be stuck looking for a job.

Good luck with the job hunting! xx

Mintjulia Tue 06-Oct-20 15:48:28

Be positive. It means your CV is good, there is an active market for your skills and it's just a matter of time.

I've cocked up one, come second in one, and have a third on Friday. Fingers crossed for both of us smile

TheGrayChapter Tue 06-Oct-20 15:50:57

@Mintjulia fingers crossed for you!

It’s just so disheartening, I was so hopeful after the one I did today and to come 2nd was a knock as the interview itself was great!

OP’s posts: |
TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 06-Oct-20 15:54:02

So annoying. V. promising that you were invited to interview though- so many not getting a response to anything at the moment.

user1494055864 Tue 06-Oct-20 18:12:18

Don't give up, just getting to interview is a bonus these days. The right job will come along.

RhubarbBikini Tue 06-Oct-20 18:19:04

I could write your op. I'm terrible at interviews and often the 2and candidate. I'm always great at my job when I'm in it, but really struggle with interviews

StephenBelafonte Tue 06-Oct-20 18:35:23

Were the successful candidates already working there?

Bearnecessity Tue 06-Oct-20 19:37:25

Me too...feeling your pain it is awful I suspect an ex-employer is twisting the knife in behind my back....she was fed a load of lies about me by a line manager who blamed all her inabilities on me to deflect the blame from her. The employer swallowed it all.

amusedbush Tue 06-Oct-20 19:39:16

I came second or third in nine interviews in 2018/19. I have no advice but I commiserate. It's shit and so disheartening.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in