Talk

Advanced search

Why can I taste chlorine??

(9 Posts)
Strawberrypancakes Sat 26-Sep-20 20:20:47

DH, the kids and I decided to have a movie day and a ‘linner’ of all our favourite foods. Had steak, mushrooms and pepper sauce, white wine (I know, with steak 😂) and chocolate mousse for dessert.

I have the strongest taste of chlorine now, I can even ‘taste’ it in my nose.

I have a serious nut allergy and checked the mousse (which we’ve ordered lots of times before) as my mum said maybe it’s something about that, but no nuts.

Why would I have this strong chlorine taste? It’s really uncomfortable.

OP’s posts: |
JacobReesMogadishu Sat 26-Sep-20 20:23:10

Pregnant?

Bluewavescrashing Sat 26-Sep-20 20:23:38

Covid?

ChodeOfChodeBall Sat 26-Sep-20 20:25:22

Obviously Covid. Everything's Covid, because there's no other virus in the world (not to mention no completely weird random reasons why things might taste funny). I had a phase a few years ago when all I could taste was kippers. Maybe I was the Original Case of Covid, ten years early.

SpeedofaSloth Sat 26-Sep-20 20:25:48

Food contaminated with a cleaning product? May not necessarily have happened in your house.
I once threw away fish and chips for this reason, sadly - the takeaway were mortified and our next order was free.

Strawberrypancakes Sat 26-Sep-20 20:25:51

I’m pretty sure it’s not Covid, I can also still taste the chocolate 😂

Strawberrypancakes Sat 26-Sep-20 20:26:40

SpeedofaSloth

Food contaminated with a cleaning product? May not necessarily have happened in your house.
I once threw away fish and chips for this reason, sadly - the takeaway were mortified and our next order was free.

How did you know?

SpeedofaSloth Sat 26-Sep-20 20:40:07

The food tasted really odd, quite chemically, and the outer wrapping had a strange odour. We rang the takeaway and they thought it was most likely the sanitising spray they use to clean counters with.

2ndAugust Sat 26-Sep-20 21:07:39

I get that at the start of a sinus infection.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in