Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

Endometrial Ablation

(4 Posts)
bravobravo Sat 11-Aug-18 17:30:29

I'm having this procedure done next week. Does anyone have any experiences on the recovery time? Would like to know when I'm likely to be leaping around again.

Laniakea Sat 11-Aug-18 17:38:52

I had it done just after Christmas & it has been absolutely brilliant. It was much more painful than I expected/was led to believe. They talked about smear test levels of 'discomfort' - it was more like labour pain afterwards & I need a lot of fentanyl. It took about a week until I felt normal - probably a combination of the procedure & the general anaesthetic - I'd expected to be fine the next day ... that was wishful thinking!

I'm very glad I had it done though smile

bravobravo Sun 12-Aug-18 07:37:46

@Laniakea. When you say it took you a week to feel normal, does that include being unable to leave the house to do errands/work?

GiveMeAllTheGin8 Sun 12-Aug-18 07:41:05

Following as interested in this too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: